Saturday, May 09, 2009

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid!

Thats the only one of the many words I have to describe my Sister In Law. I have blogged about her recently about how she shafted us by not paying for the car she supposedly bought from us. Anyway, a couple of weeks ago, Rob called her to invite her to Mother's Day brunch tomorrow, I didnt really want to invite her but I didnt want to look like the bitch causing trouble by inviting everyone except her, so I bit the bullet and told Rob to call her up. I didnt think she would come because she isnt talking to her mother.

Anyways, Rob asks her how she is going and she started saying how her boyfriend was laid off work and how she is also not working much, hence she cant give us any money for the car. Her boyfriend is supposed to be a plasterer working for a building firm, however, this building firm hasnt paid him since Christmas, and my MIL seems to think that this is a little strange. She seems to think he is giving it to his family, however I think he is gambling it away or spending it other things and just leeching of my SIL.

Moving right along, Rob tells her that she can pay us whenever she gets back on her feet, but if she has the rego money that she was supposed to give us, then could she please pay us that, but of course she said she didnt have the money and then she said she would give us the car back. She had the nerve to say we ripped her off by selling the car to her for $2500, then she began telling lies about her father saying that she shouldnt have bought it for that amount of money. By this stage Rob was having a full on argument on the phone with her because the car is worth $5000, thats how much we paid for it, so she got it for a bargain and we paid for the repairs and the rego.

Rob said that if she wanted to give us the car back then she would have to organise the necessary paperwork, plus he wanted it back in the same condition we sold it to her. Her boyfriend has a habit of buying cars then selling them to get the money to buy his pidgeons or other stuff. So anyway, tonight he was talking to his mother and his sister is giving the car back to us because she said she couldnt afford it. I dont know what she is going to do now without a car, but thats her problem. We gave her so much leeway. She still thinks we ripped her off which is utter crap.

Her mother seems to think that her boyfriend is filling her head up with rubbish. I told Rob tonight that it seems to me that she is frightened of him and doesnt want to leave him or say anything to him. She has totally screwed her life up. She was married to such a wonderful, hard working man that was willing to work 3 jobs just so she could stay home. She lived in a lovely house, but she left him back in 2003 and is now with this no hoper! They move around all the time, one such time they left in the middle of the night because they didnt have money for the rent so they skipped.

She had a cash settlement from selling her half of the house back to her ex husband, which she gave to her boyfriend and now its squandered. She lies thru her teeth, hell I could go on and on about her. We have never been close. Even before Rob and I were married I remember having a massive argument with her because she called me a bitch for no particular reason. She never gave us an engagement present when Rob and I got engaged, and then she had the nerve to tell me that Rob and I "Only gave them $200 for a wedding present." I was totally floored by that comment.

In the time Ive known her she has asked us for loans time and again to which Ive said no! I know I probably sound nasty but she has no one to blame for the situation except herself. She had it all but now she has nothing, I think its time she woke up and took a good look at her life and where she is heading, the first thing is to leave her boyfriend, he is bringing her down! But she has to help herself before anyone can help her.

5 comments:

Janna said...

Oy, that girl is totally hopeless! I hope she returns your car in good condition.

Wishing you a very Happy Mother's Day, Miss D! xoxo

Being Me said...

Hooooly dooly!

Everything else aside, $2500 for any car in good working order and within rego is an awesome buy. Sheez.

Hey, you know the one thing that made me guffaw....... he buys pigeons??? Is that for real!?

Danni said...

Yes, he has racing pidgeons I think, I still reckon he gambles his money away, or he has something on the side, I dont know

Jude said...

Holy smokes what a mess she's made of her life! Problem is, she makes you guys suffer for it all too. I sure hope the car is in good condition when you get it back.

Deb said...

Danni, you're not being nasty or anything else. Almost every family has one of these 'leeches' that no matter what you do for them or give to them, it's never enough. Get your car back and if it's not in the same condition, take her ass to court!