Friday, May 01, 2009

Jumping Back In

I went and did Body Pump this morning after not going since last Tuesday and man, Im gonna pay for it tomorrow!  Kaz was real hard on us today and every track we did was torture! I didnt bother going down in my weights, I just stayed the same that Ive been doing the last few times and my legs feel quite heavy and sore now thanks to the 20kg squat weight and 10kg lunge weight! Man, they were a total Bitch!!! I hate bottom half squats and bottom half lunges.  Needless to say I was giving Kaz real bad looks.  But it was all in jest as I can never get angry with her, she is a total legend in my eyes!

In fact, I said to her "Youre enjoying seeing me in pain arent you?" to which she replied that she was! Then the ab track was hard too, and by the end of it I felt like I wanted to throw up, I totally get how the contestants on The Biggest Loser feel like when they have that sick feeling and throw up after an exercise session.  I also got a bloody headache after squats for some reason and it went away after the class ended but then it came back.  I think the headache is coming from my shoulder/neck area and I realised its probably the 20kg barbell Im holding on my shoulders thats the cause of the pain.  It happened last week as well and Nurofen didnt do anything for it.  A visit to the osteopath or chiro is in order methinks, I just get too many damned headaches and pain in my neck, its usually caused by tension but this was brought on by the barbell, Im almost certain of it.

Anyway, getting back to the class, I thought I was going to die during bloody biceps!! I did 10kg and I had to stop as I just couldnt do it, it was too hard!! See what happens when you take it easy for a week? It comes back and bites you on the bum! Im really gonna have to pull my socks up and start going in more regularly for pump.  I know I was going in a fair bit the last month but over easter and the end of April it was hard as the public holidays meant that the gym was either closed or the time table was amended, plus trying to get the kids into the creche is hard if you dont book in early!

My body fat % has crept back up again and its getting me down! I know I should be happy that Ive come this far and Ive lost heaps of centermetres and 13kg, but the body fat is being a bitch! Its my own fault as the last week Ive sabotaged myself by not exercising as much and I think I may have eaten a bit of chocolate (read I DID eat chocolate) So as from this week coming Im gonna get back into it, I have to cos its getting me down now, bloody body fat! Be gone already!

2 comments:

Janna said...

Aww Miss D, don't be too hard on yourself. I know you'll get back into it. I'm hearing the same exact thing from Amy ... she's also been slacking off going to the gym and complains that she's feeling flabby in the mid-section. But you gals are still young and can get back on track relatively fast ... well, at least compared to a chubby old fart like yours truly, lol!

Good luck!
xoxo

Jude said...

Amen about being younger vs chubby old farts! It's much easier than when you're older, for certain! LOL

You're doing great Danni girl and you'll be back on track!