This post is dedicated to my dear online friend Janna, who Ive been friends with since 2004. We met online on a Def Leppard forum and hit it off straight away, we had a common love for Sav and DL, and I dont know why but we just seemed to really hit it off. We used to spend hours on Yahoo Instant Messenger chatting, and because she lives in the US we used to always compare our time differences, seasons and what not. I remember when Id be swealtering here in the summer months, she would tell me how freezing New York City was.
We chatted on line for ages and then we decided to have a proper phone chat. The night before she called me I couldnt sleep, I was so excited, and then when she did call me the following day, it was so unreal to hear her lovely New York accent. It was finally wonderful to hear her voice and chat in person to this lady I had met over the internet. We chatted for probably an hour and I can recall hearing the sounds of her city in the background, as she used to live right in the City centre before she moved back to Long Island a couple of years back.
We chatted on the phone a couple more times and we sent each other gifts for Christmas and birthday. I remember when I recieved a Christmas gift from her in 2004, I had this huge box to collect from the post office, she sent me all these lovely things. When Paige came along though, our YIM chats became far and few between but we still kept in touch via email and she is one of my faithful blog readers.
Anyhoo, I read her blog entry yesterday and was very shocked to find out that she had found a lump in her breast after a routine mammogram. I thought she was a bit quiet lately but as she does dog sitting and sometimes doesnt have access to a computer I thought she may have been busy, so to read why she was actually absent was a huge shock! I feel terrible that I didnt send her a message to see if she was okay. She is going in for surgery this Thursday to remove the lump and Im really hoping that everything goes well for her!
This is so not fair, bloody cancer!! She doesnt deserve this!! It really made my heart sink when I read this. Miss J, I hope all goes well for you on Thursday and I will be thinking of you!! Love you lots!
2 comments:
Aww, thanks so much Miss D, I am sitting here crying! What a beautiful post, I am truly grateful for your unwavering friendship over the years. Retelling our story has brought back so many wonderful and FUN memories! And although our lives have changed and we don't chat much anymore, I know we will always be close in each other's hearts. I love you dearly, darling friend, and you have the most gorgeous little girls in the world whom I adore!
Thank you again for your kind entry, and I will defo be in touch after Thursday's surgery!
Lots of {{{{HUGS}}}} !!!
xoxo
Danni we thought much the same thing when Janna wasn't online recently. Like you, now I feel upset that I didn't check in with her.
Dearest Sista J., I hope you realize how much your friends love and adore you! There is something so beautiful about who you are, that's why it was sooo easy to feel a quick connection with you from the beginning.
You're going to be okay! Just getting through this crappy fecking part of it is so scary and difficult. I wish I was there with you!
Thank you Danni for this post, it was lovely to read about the story I heard before so long ago. You two were crazy ladies then, I think you still are! LOL
Post a Comment