Monday, April 06, 2009

Why Are We Waiting?

Fark, what a day!!! I had an appointment with our GP at 12.10pm and it was an extremely long wait today. Of course he was running behind as usual ( a lot of his patients are elderly, so he takes his time seeing them) but then a lady came in looking very ill and got shown in without an appointment, so we got even more behind.

Luckily, my mum was there also for an appointment and she had been seen while we were there, but then offered to wait with us and keep us company, and Paige loves her nanna of course so she was happy to have her there with us. But man, its always the same thing when we go there, we have an appointment for a certain time and dont get seen until after an hour of waiting. Sometimes I get lucky and get seen on time, but for the most part, when you make an appointment with my GP, you have to be prepared to wait......and wait.........and wait some more.

So we finally got seen, I think it was about 1.30pm when we got called in, by this stage I was starving as I hadnt had lunch, and I was fed up, I just wanted to go home. But the waiting hadnt finished for the day, we then had to go to the imaging place to get a chest xray done for Paige, so we had to wait a bit more (cue me going quietly insane), and 10 mins felt like an eternity, but we finally got shown in and it was a quick proceedure, Paige was a very good girl.

The waiting wasnt over still. When I got home, I had a letter from Centrelink telling me that my Parenting Payment claim had been rejected because they didnt recieve the documentation they required, so I gave them a call, and was put on hold, with Summer crying and screaming her disapproval of me not paying attention to her in the background (cue me getting even more anxious). So anyway, I told the lady on the phone that I wanted to reapply so again she puts me on hold, I finally get thru to the proper person and then she puts me on hold because she needed tech support (ngngngngngnnnng) I was this close to hanging up and calling again in the morning, but she soon came back to me.

Holy hell, what a waste of a day, it felt like I spent the whole day waiting, luckily Paige was a good girl, and she didnt mind, I think I did the whining for both of us, I really hate waiting, especially to be seen at the Drs, I should be used to it by now but I dont think I ever will get used to it.

3 comments:

Jude said...

I think it's like that everywhere, waiting in Doctor's offices. It must be especially hard when you've little ones with you though!

Being Me said...

Oh man, that day sucks!

Doctors' office waiting is one thing. But EUGH gov't departments on the phone really test my patience!

Janna said...

Waiting to see a doctor is the worst! I switched primary care physicians for that reason when I lived in NYC. After once waiting nearly 4 hours when I felt like hell from the flu, I was done with him! Thereafter, I hooked up with one of his associates who turned out to be more to my liking. I can only imagine how challenging it is to be kept waiting with children in tow!

xoxo