Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Wedding And An Engagement

I had such a busy day yesterday! Firstly, I attended The Wedding Of The Year in the afternoon.  It was the wedding of my lovely slimcoach/pump instructor extraordinare Karen to her fiance Mick.  I was so excited for her and I was so looking forward to going and seeing the ceremony.  She had put up a notice at the gym inviting the members to come and have a squizz.  It was a short ceremony, when Rob and I got married we had a full nuptial mass that included communion as well, so I was quite surprised when we didnt to up for communion.

I must admit I had tears in my eyes when I saw her walk down the aisle with her lovely mum giving her away, I was afraid I was gonna start sobbing like an idiot but I didnt.  I never cry at weddings but I dont know why I felt like I wanted to yesterday.  Oh no, wait a minute I think I had a bit of a cry when I walked down the aisle at my wedding, if you look closely at one of the photoes you can see my eyes are all glazed over with tears, lol.  Anyhoo, Kaz looked stunning in her gown, and her bridesmaids wore gorgeous blue dresses.  I took a few photos of the event so here are some pics of the beautiful bride...
Karen (aka Kazam) the beautiful bride
Kaz and a few of the Fernwood girls
Karen and Mick

This was the only shot of the happy couple that I got, all the rest were of the bride and the bridesmaids, doh!  I love a good wedding, I havent been to one in a long time, and my cousin will be getting married later in the year so that is something to look forward to.  I love getting dolled up for a special occasion like that.  Anyway, yesterday evening I had another function on, my cousin's engagement party.  This cousin has been married before and her daughter is the cousin who will be getting married later this year (have I lost you?) It was a small affair but it was nice to see her finally get engaged, she has been with this guy for years now so Im not sure when theyll be tying the knot.  I totally love weddings, I love being part of the bridal party, Ive been a bridesmaid 3 times, once for my mum when she married my step father, once for my aunty and once for my SIL, but it was nothing in comparison to being The Bride!!

Going and seeing Kaz get married yesterday made me all gooey and I wouldve loved to relive my wedding all over again, I feel that I didnt get to enjoy my wedding much, it was over in the blink of an eye.  You spend months and months getting ready for it and then its over just like that. 

2 comments:

Janna said...

Lovely bride! Thanks for sharing the photos, and glad you had a nice time at the wedding :D

Every bride says her special day was a blur and sped by way too fast. Such a shame really when you consider the months of painstaking planning most women go through.

xoxo

Being Me said...

So true, it just goes so fast, especially after all that build-up.

Hey it's no wonder you were feeling like you might get a bit teary! This girl has helped literally reshape you :) That's something very intimate to do for someone else, motivating them like that. xx