I took Summer to the MCHN today and got her 18 month check done. She is now weighing 10.5kg and is 78cm long, so is almost reaching Paige. They are almost the same height and youd be surprised how many people ask me if theyre twins. I get asked all the time. Summer is also cutting her molars, poor thing, no wonder she hasnt been eating much the last few days. On Sunday we went up to mum and step dad's property and had lunch there and poor Summer hardly ate any of the roast lamb, she was more interested in the soft vegies.
The nurse had a look inside her mouth today and it revealed that she was cutting a top molar, I hope they dont give her too much grief like they did with Paige. Speaking of Paige, the antibiotics are working a charm on her, even though she runs when she sees me coming with the syringe. She has two lots to take; a lovely pink one and a white one. The only thing is that theyre making her do poo countless times a day, she has a red raw bum at the moment. I have to take her back to our GP tomorrow for a check up as he wanted to see her again. She isnt coughing as much now, but you can hear that she has phlegm, and hopefully it will begin to clear up soon. She has been eating heaps lately, on Sunday, my normally finicky child wouldnt stop eating.
She sat down at the table, with no tears may I add, and had her roast vegies and a bit of lamb. Before that she had some vegie soup to tide her over till lunch was ready. Then after lunch, probably an hour later, she was eating cold pasta, then countless slices of toast. Once we got home she and Summer shared a yoghurt, then if that wasnt enough, she had a frozen yoghurt stick before bed. I couldnt believe it, its amazing! Im enjoying it while it lasts! Last night she ate some pork and some potato bake, tonight she ate two plates of pasta, and for lunch she had McDonalds chips and a couple of nuggets!
I really hope she continues to enjoy eating, she is so little, and when she is naked she looks like a scrawny rabbit. She is in proportion to her height but still she is only 11kg at 3.5 years old! I can see that Summer is going to overtake her in weight soon. So overall, Summer is developing exactly like she is supposed to and is average for length, weight and head circumference, lovely!
1 comment:
I had noticed in the most recent pics that the girls are now nearly the same height. Glad Paige is eating better, that must be such a relief! Good luck with Summer's teething, too. I hope it isn't too uncomfortable for her, or stressful for you!
xoxo
Post a Comment