Thursday, April 09, 2009

The Diagnosis

Well, the results from the chest xray were in yesterday and I had to take Paige back to the GP today and he told me that the xray confirmed his suspicions and she has a slight pneumonia.  I was worried sick yesterday because the Dr's receptionist called me and left 3 messages on my machine telling me that I had to take her in and she "may need some treatment, Im not really sure" By the time I called back it was 3pm and the receptionist who called me had gone home and my GP had gone home early as it was Jewish Passover so I couldnt speak to anyone.

I was in tears with worry and anger.  Another receptionist got on the phone and reassured me that it wasnt bad news and told me to come in at 9am this morning.  I was reassured somewhat but I was still so scared.  I began Googling all sorts of things to do with the chest and coughs.  My poor girl is still coughing up a lung.  She also had to have a urine test to see if she had a UTI but that came back all clear.  Bloody hell, I had such trouble trying to get a wee sample from her.  I got given these urine bags to stick onto her fanny, but stupid, stupid me, didnt realise I could stick it on and I kept on missing the wee.  So here is me and Paige in the bathroom, with Paige standing there with no nappy and the water running so I could get her to pee into the specimen jar and she aint peeing.

Anyhoo, I finally worked out that there was a sticky bit you stick over the opening and she pees in there.  I swear half of my brain cells have gone since having two kids, sheesh, how dumb am I?  So now Paige is on two lots of Antibiotics, one pink one and one white one and trying to get them into her is no easy thing! She fights me and spits it out, its easier giving meds to Summer who loves the taste of Panadol.  It was easier giving Paige Ventolin via the spacer and mask, she was happy to cooperate.

I have to take her back next Wednesday.  I swear I should have a VIP card since Im there all the time, but I really like my Dr, I will really miss him when he retires, which I hope isnt for a very long time yet.

4 comments:

Val's Dragonfly Whimsy said...

Wow, what an absolute nightmare of a day for you - I hope that your little one gets better very soon and your days get easier. Wishing you all the best, Val

Jude said...

Oh the poor dear, I hope she's feeling better now soon. And poor you! What a scare that must have been, not knowing is the worst!

Janna said...

Aww, I feel awful that you had such a trying couple of days, but glad to hear there is finally a diagnosis and the proper meds for Miss Paige. Hope she is on the mend very soon!

xoxo

Being Me said...

Hey, don't be putting yourself down about those bags, dude! They are shite (no pun intended) to use. If they didn't give you instructions, it's no wonder you didn't figure it out - and even knowing how to use them, I have never ever got a sample successfully from L. So well done to you getting something from Paige, I am totally impressed!

So so sorry to hear about her being so sick :( I hope there is relief in sight for you all soon. xxx