Sunday, April 05, 2009

Feel Like Pulling My Hair Out

Paige is just really worrying me and testing my patience at the moment. She is just not wanting to eat and I swear that kid is just exsisting on air and water at the moment. All she had to eat today was maybe a couple of tiny pieces of hot cross bun, then a few chocolate wafers at MIL's house, one canneloni for lunch, a small piece of bread. For dinner we made the girls baked beans with bacon on toast, and Paige refused to eat it, but she did eat some raw spaghetti, WTF??? She wanted raw spaghetti but not baked beans?

At least I have one good eater but Paige is just so small and she really worries me when she wont eat. I know she wont starve, she did help me eat my frozen yoghurt pop later after Summer went to bed, but its like she has lost interest in food. I hate this fussiness, this refusal to eat. She would prefer to go outside and play rather than have food. She used to be such a good eater and then it all went pear shaped at 18 months. We've just had this ongoing battle with trying to get her to eat anything green. Meat is out of the question too and all she wants is pasta or bread, but lately bread has been put into the "I dont want it" basket.

I know I shouldnt worry and Im probably boring my readers with my constant worrying and whining and bitching and moaning about my kids, or Paige in particular. But this is ridiculous! She is 3.5 years old and only weighs a paltry 11kg, Summer is overtaking her in the weight stakes. She is very full on and very energetic but I worry she aint getting the good stuff. Tonight I tried giving her some mulitvitamins I had and she screamed and cried because she didnt like the taste.

Im taking her back to our Dr tomorrow and Im gonna ask for some blood work to be done, iron, thyroid, full blood count etc, Im also gonna ask if her cough could be allergy related. Aaaarrggggg!!! Why does motherhood have to be so friggen difficult? Why cant I just be laid back and not worry about anything, damn, damn, damn! Im gonna go grey before my time the way I worry about that girl!

3 comments:

Janna said...

Why are some children such picky eaters? I can imagine it is so frustrating for you, Miss D. Hope the doctor can recommend something. Good luck and keep us posted.

xoxo

Penelope said...

I can totally relate to the non eating thing. Xav will not eat anything but sliced cheese and avocado sandwiches.

I don't think he has eaten dinner for about 2 months. He is a skinny minnie too and I am getting so frustrated.

I have him on a multi vitamin - chewy strawberry ones - he thinks they're lollies and hopefully that will give him what he needs.

Bloody kids!!

Jude said...

Good luck Danni, I hope the doctor can help. I know how worried you must be!