My sweet little Summer is sick again with a head cold (courtesy of Big Sis Paige). She is so miserable and is losing her voice and is congested. We had a very sleepless night last night and I was supposed to go and do Body Combat this morning but rang up and cancelled the girls off the creche list because Im not one who sends her sick kids to care, and I was so tired and my eyes were hurting from lack of sleep/crying/and general soreness.
She was a bit up and down today, eating okay but still generally miserable and this evening I thought I best ring up the local clinic to make an appointment for tomorrow in case she gets worse. I rang one clinic and she said that they werent taking appointments for tomorrow till 8am tomorrow morning, and then added that there werent many appointments left so it was first in best dressed.
Then I called the other clinic and she said they were "fully booked" also, WTF??? I dont understand how clinics can be fully booked, I mean obviously these people arent sick, theyre just going in to see the Dr for other reasons. It makes me so mad because they shouldnt decline a sick patient, sure theyre full but they should say "You can come in without an appointment and wait". My regular GP who is 40 mins away is always flat out busy with his regular elderly patients ( I know this because my grandma sees him every week for her blood pressure problems etc) but the girls there always say I can go in at 9am and wait without an appointment.
If its for myself I dont bother but the kids are different. These "full" clinics should make an exception for small kids who are genuinely sick. Pisses me off big time! And the bad thing is there is a Dr shortage and sometimes you see a Dr and the next time you go to see them, theyve gone because they were only training. I dread to think what'll happen when my GP retires, he is such a lovely man, and I feel comfortable with him doing proceedures like pap smears and stuff that involves internal exams, no way would I go to another male Dr to get that stuff done.
Im hoping Summer is a bit better tomorrow! Bloody, stuffin winter! I hate it, sure I hate the heat too but at least it dries everything up, my poor girls! Moving right along, I got M & B magazine and the interview is in this month's issue! Was great to read but I was a bit miffed that they only used one tiny picture of me and the girls, was hoping theyd use another one of Paige on her own.
Thats all I have to say tonight, off to watch "The Singing Bee"
4 comments:
Wow it really sucks that you can't get your sick kids in quickly to see a doctor! I hope Summer is feeling much better soon, poor dear.
Sounds like my doctor but I'm lucky because my Mum works for a doctor so if my regular is full I just duck into her surgery (even though it's about a 45 minute drive away).
It's so annoying and it should be a rule that small children have to been seen if they are sick.
We just found out Frankie has a chest infection so I hope Summer's doesn't turn into one aswell.
Oh me too Penny! Ill keep an eye on her!
Yeah, it's the same in WA. Australia has a real crisis at the moment. It's no wonder the emergency departments are being flooded - people can't get in to see a Doctor any other way!
Post a Comment