Monday, July 28, 2008

Yet Another Shameless Plug (Or Two)

Ive done it again, Ive entered my kids in yet another corny popularity contest, this time its Summer's turn. I entered her in the Australian Parents Baby Of The Year Contest where you can see and vote for her here. The prize is the cover of Australian Parents magazine and $10000. The next contest I entered Summer in is the Bonds Bumps And Baby baby style competition and you can vote for her here. She is on the first page on the bottom, second from the end.

I dont care if she doesnt win either, I mean, hell, there are so many babies entered, its just for kicks, but the Bonds one would be nice, she'll get a Bonds wardrobe. For my international friends, you must be a member of Bonds website to vote so you may not be able to vote unless you join up (Jude and Janna, just giving you a heads up!)

I dont think I mentioned this here but I was interviewed for Mother And Baby magazine about a month ago. How this came about was that Im a member of their forum and they have a section about what readers would like to see in the mag, and of course I said Id love to see a story on Down Syndrome, and especially a woman who hadnt had further testing after their NT scan, as a majority of stories you read are ones from a woman who has gone on to have an amnio then gone on to terminate the pregnancy.

Anyway, I didnt get any replies to my thread, so I thought nothing of it, but then during the week I got an email from the online editor asking me if Id like to share my story, and of course I jumped at the opportunity. I was told that the journalist would email me and the following week she did and then we had a phone conversation about my pregnancy with Paige and how I didnt have further testing after a high risk NT result.

Im not sure in which issue the story will feature, Im hoping its the issue that comes out this week, I cant wait to see the finished product. Ill try to scan it and post it here when I finally get the article. Im so chuffed that a magazine wants to share my story with their readers. Its about time that they showed the other side of the story, not just one view. I dont want to get the old soapbox out again, its just me sharing my journey.

5 comments:

Jude said...

Wow, congrats on the interview Danni, I can't wait to read it!

I voted for Summer in the first one, but trying to sign up for the Bonds one doesn't seem to take anyone except in Australia?

Good luck Summer! *muah*

Danni said...

Thanks for that Jude! Thats okay about the Bonds one, Im wasnt aware it doesnt accept overseas members.

icklekids said...

That's very exciting about being interviewed ... I will look out for it. Off now to vote!

Janna said...

Oooh, how exciting about the interview, Miss D! I also look forward to reading it. Thanks for the heads-up with the photo contests. Like Jude, I was able to vote for Summer at the first site you listed (and I LOVE the pic you entered!), but was not able to join the second site.

And I'm liking the new profile piccy as well ;o)

Good luck to Miss Summer!

xoxo

Danni said...

Anyone who wants a 9 month old child Im sending her packing!! (j/k)