Friday, July 04, 2008

Gone Mad At The Toy Sale!

Well, not really, only semi mad, lol! I decided to go this evening after contemplating whether to go to Kmart this afternoon with the kids, and luckily, the girls decided to sleep until 2pm so by the time they woke up, it was too late to go with them. Just as well, as Im sure it wouldve been mayhem shopping with those two in the trolley and Paige "Oohing and Aaahing" and pointing at all the toys. Besides Im such a push over when it comes to toys that I wouldve probably come home with a new toy for them each, before their birthday and christmas.

So after dinner and putting the girls to bed I left Rob to babysit while I went to Kmart on my own and it wasnt all that bad really. I guess all the mayhem happened yesterday, so now the initial madness is over. There wasnt even a queue at the layby desk. Another bonus is that I found exactly what I was after! For Paige I bought her a double sided easle, complete with chalk, and the whole caboodle and a bedtime Abby Cadaby doll, thats for her birthday. For Summer I got her the Abby Cadaby doll also and she will get some new clothes too. I had to get Paige one as I dont want them fighting over toys.

For christmas theyre both getting Little Mommy Sweet As Me Dolls. Im not going overboard this year. The doll each is quite enough, and my grandma is getting them a stroller each, I found them tonight and put them on layby for my grandma. I saw all the Fisher Price stuff and its all the same musical stuff so I didnt want to get Summer any of that as she has lots of learning toys that were Paige's, but I did want to buy her the doll as she doesnt have any.

Everything in this house plays music, it gets a bit much, lol. I was going to get Paige another Hi 5 DVD (her new obsession) but decided to let someone else get it for her for her birthday, as Im sure MIL will be asking me what she should buy Paige and Summer for their birthdays. I shouldnt have gone so overboard when Paige was born, that way I couldve gotten them a heap more toys. Ah well, there's plenty of time, I still have the Barbie and Bratz stage for them to go thru, then Ill be in Dolly heaven! Yes Im a big kid at heart, love, love, LOVE dolls!

1 comment:

Jude said...

Oh yeah, I remember you (and Janna) being "into" Bratz dolls!