Had a bit of a flat day today. It was probably because I ran out of meds and had to get my new script and didnt take them till this arvo. But from the moment I got up it was a bit of a trying day! I dont know what it is with Paige at the moment, if she doesnt get what she wants she starts crying and doing her "tantrum" thing with the crying/squeeling again, and I cant take it, I cant! I find it so incredibly frustrating when she wants something and I cant understand what she wants. I feel like a horrible mum for not understanding my own child. Sometimes she will point and do the "more" sign and I still dont know what she wants.
I wish that she would be able to talk! She is verbal in many ways but when she is trying to get through to me what she wants and I cant understand her, its distressing for her and me. Then tonight she wouldnt eat her dinner again, which is really getting to me! She is just so sick of everything of late and will only eat toast with vegemite, cheese toasties, fruit english muffins, potatoes, and bananas if Im lucky! Pasta used to be her fave but tonight she didnt want a bar of it!
I put her plate in front of her and she just plays with her food or pushes the plate away, but then points to my plate and its exactly the same as what Ive given her! Then I find myself getting angry and I hate myself for it! I just sat there tonight and had a good ole cry! She used to be so good with her eating but its just gone out the window! She wont eat any meat, meatballs or mince she used to eat but last night she didnt eat much at all! Summer eats heaps and I hope she continues with her excellent eating.
Then this afternoon Summer was being cranky and crying because she missed out on her sleep today. I got the girls' photos taken today, then went and did groceries so it was a busy day. I think we were all cranky by the end of it! Target was having their toy sale so it was pandemonium in there, shit, so glad I got all my toys, I only went in there to go to Pixi foto, but even then I couldnt get thru the crowds of feral people and their children! Honestly, I dont know why they have to bring their children along to a toy sale, leave them at home!
Anyhoo, Im feeling better this evening! Meds have kicked in, but I was feeling cranky till Rob got home, and he got home late too so I was annoyed about that. Tore shreds off him when he got into the door. Wasnt his fault he was late but I hate being with cranky kids on my own. Ive rambled enough for tonight, might go make a soothing cuppa.
4 comments:
Danni -- Hang in there; you're not alone. I've been going through a lot of frustration myself with Alivia. Even though she can talk, sometimes I don't understand what she is saying. She is very finicky about eating too and is the typical "terrible 2." I get frustrated at Joe when I am always home with Alivia and he's working late or working out at the gym. I am tired of the tantrums, slapping or talking back and the timeouts that I give her in return. I really hate when I have to punish Alivia but she has to know what she is doing is wrong. You have to do what you feel is best to make the situation better for yourself and Paige. Never doubt yourself that you're a good mum because you are. Motherhood is the toughest job that any woman can have.
"This too shall pass"..... as the saying goes Danni girl. Hang in there, you've still got the teenage years to go too! LOL
Seriously though, Nancy's right you ARE a great Mom. Paige must be just going through a phase with her eating. I can imagine how frustrating it would be for both you and her when she can't get across what she is trying to say, too.
Hugs!!! And, head over to my blog sweetie!
Thanks girls!
Miss D, you are doing an outstanding job with the girls so don't ever sell yourself short in that regard! Good luck, dear friend, you will come through the rough patches with flying colors as you always do!
xoxo
Post a Comment