Its Official: Summer is commando crawling, but she is stuck in reverse! Its so funny. She tries so hard to go forward but I think our floor boards are hindering her progress, thus she goes backwards! At least she is getting around. She gets far let me tell you! Id say give her a few more days and she'll get the hang of it, and Ill be back here complaining she is getting into everything!
Ive seen her get up on her hands and knees and she rocks back and forth but she doesnt go anywhere, just stays stationary. Im going to get one of those foam floor puzzles from the Reject shop and put it on the lounge floor so she can practice getting on her hands and knees without slipping. Its so exciting! Paige didnt commando crawl till she was 10 months, and it was physio that helped her. Her clothes became permanantely stained from the dust on my floors. Perhaps this time I should attatch my Vileda mop to Summer so she can clean the floors while she is at it! I know it would save me time! I have to wash the lounge floor every day as it gets filthy, bloody polished boards, wish I had gotten new carpet instead!
3 comments:
I love the way babies just rock back and forth on their hands and knees before they learn to crawl! LOL
Wow that's awesome :) You know, my dd didn't get commando crawling/tummy dragging til 15mo. She never did the stereotypical rocking on all fours either. Not remotely interested in moving (or able - osteo was only thing that worked, and she is still seeing the osteo and a physio for walking assistance). She didn't even hardly roll before then. Talk about suspense...! Not to mention serious questions about her motor skills.
Have you seen the Japanese invention (I think it's Japanese) for slippers for cats? So they can polish your floorboards as they scoot around inside. Mwahaha.
What a clever litle girl!!
Wonder if the girls have had a talk yet and arranged going in opposite directions after mischief to have you chasing back and forth too both ends of the house!!
Post a Comment