Wednesday, June 04, 2008

I Thought I Could Out Smart Her But.....

.....I couldnt. Im speaking about my little Jaye-Bird (thats the nickname my aunty gave her). The other night I made broccoli and cheese with dinner and she had fun eating it with her hands, so much so she had cheesy smelling hands after, even when I wiped them with a face washer. There was a little left over so I thought Id save it for her dinner last night. I thought "Great, she'll eat this no worries", well I was wrong!

She didnt want to eat it cos I was spoon feeding it to her as it was way too mushy for her to eat with her hands. The little bugger wouldnt open her mouth for the spoon and it was the exact same thing I had fed her the night before, it was just mushed up! Instead of her eating it I had Paige behind me on the arm chair wanting to get at it and I didnt want to give it to her as we were having tea shortly after!

Then tonight we had meatballs and risoni pasta with diced vegies and she happily munched on a meatball but then I tried spoon feeding her some pasta and she kept spitting it out! I kept shovelling it in though and in the end I just put some on her tray but she was struggling trying to pick up the tiny pasta with her fingers! The MCHN told me to give her a spoon to play with while I spoon feed her, ha! easier said than done, she still wont let me anywhere with the spoon!

2 comments:

Jude said...

She's got a mind of her own! LOL

Janna said...

Quite the willful Jaye-Bird our Miss Summer is! lol
xoxo