Saturday, June 28, 2008

Piggy Tails & Toddler Tantrums

I thought Id write about Summer today instead of Def Lep for a change, lol. Summer's hair is all over the shop! She has flat hair at the back of her head then these funny curls on the side, and in the morning she has a serious case of "bed head"! She definitely takes after me in the hair department, amongst other things, like being a drama queen and a sensitive sook, ROFL, I crack myself up.

Anyhoo, her hair was annoying me the other day and I thought it was long enough to put in piggy tails, and man, she was soooo cute I wanted to gobble her all up! Paige never lets me put her hair up, if she does she pulls the hair tie out of her hair as soon as she is in the other room away from me, and Paige's hair is fine so any hair clips or hair ties simply slide out.

Here is Summer with her little piggy tails. Gabe, the lady at the creche at Fernwood said she looked like Boo from Monsters Inc, I had to concur!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



In crawling news, she is still going backwards on her tummy, she only gets on her hands and knees if she has traction on the floor. I bought one of those rubber alphabet floor mats/puzzle to put down but she has more fun chewing the pieces with her sister. Speaking of Paige, she has been such a toddler this week! The whinging, OMG, I cant stand it! We popped into the chemist on Wednesday and I let her walk with the harness on and I carried Summer in my free arm. On the way to the car she decided she didnt want to walk anymore and sat down on the sidewalk and flat out refused to budge. She got up eventually but then lifted her arms and started stamping her feet wanting to be picked up, so I had her in one arm and Summer in the other, struggling to get to the car.

Then later in the arvo, I finished giving them a bath and I had Summer in my arms and was going into her room to dress her, and I didnt want Paige in the bathroom as she has a tendency to throw stuff into the water when Im not looking. So I dragged her out and she started doing this crying/squeeling thing, a tantrum of sorts and I just ignored her. Im sure she and Summer had made a pact to drive me nuts with their whinging that afternoon! I have discovered though that Paige has her top 2 year old molars coming thru, so thats probably the reason for her crankiness and lack of eating. And to think I have to go thru Summer's tantrums yet......hmmmm, what have I gone and gotten myself into?

5 comments:

Becca said...

As soon as I spotted those pics of Summer, I instantly saw "Boo"! She's a dead ringer for that mischevious little blighter from "Monter's Inc". I love that movie!

Pfft, you think you have tantrums now....wait until they're 14. AGH!

Kelly & Sam Pilgrim-Byrne said...

She looks SOOOOOO cute!!! And so much hair!!

Jude said...

Now those look adorable in her hair! Oh yeah if Paige is cutting molars you're right, that's most likely why she's been a bit whiny. Poor kids!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness she does look like Boo hehe. She also looks a lot like her big sister too!!

Ultra cute :-)

Dory said...

awwwww but she's just too cute!!! I love those photos of Summer Danni :)