Tuesday, June 03, 2008

She's A Mummy's Girl!

My sweet little Summer is going thru a clingy stage at the moment! She cant stand being away from me. On Saturday night we were invited to my cousin's engagement party and we originally told my IL's to come over to babysit, but then Rob said he will stay home in case the kids wouldnt settle. So I went alone and I was going to spend the night at my grandparents' house later as I knew it would be a late night and I didnt want to drive home that late.

Anyway, I was at my grandparents' house and at around 6.30pm the phone rang and it was Rob. He told me that Summer had been crying since 5pm and wouldnt even drink her bottle. My heart sank! I asked him if he wanted me to come home and he said "No, go and have fun." Well, he had totally ruined my night by worrying me sick! I heard Summer crying over the phone and she wasnt a happy little girl! It was like she was saying "Why did you leave me?"

I was too scared to look at my phone in case there was another message from him but he didnt call back and she settled for him eventually, but I was still worried that she might be up and down all night. The next morning when Rob and the girls came to pick me up, her face lit up and she wouldnt let go of me! She is definitely a mummy's girl! She loves her daddy but I guess we share a special bond.

Im hoping it will pass soon and she will be back to her usual self. Even if I leave the room she will get upset and start to cry out for me, not so much at night time, but during the day. She is such a sensititve little soul. It does make me feel very loved that she only wants me, but she cant be like this forever.

3 comments:

Janna said...

Aww, Miss Summer is just a precious little flower who luvs her Mummy very much! :D

Have a good week, Miss D.

xoxo

Jude said...

I know a few moms who went through that with some of their kids Danni, and it DID pass after awhile. In the meantime just remember that when she turns a certain "teen" age she'll be wanting to be with her friends more than her mummy! LOL

Anonymous said...

Sam is exactly the same Danni. He is such a Mama's boy. Now that he is two he is ok with me leaving him but only if he is staying with his Daddy or Seb.

They do eventually get over it, it's nice that they love you so much but sometimes it makes it really hard!