Poor Summer has an ear infection! No sooner did she recover from that chesty lurgy she had and today within a space of 3o minutes she went totally down hill! She woke up her usual churpy self, on her tummy in her cot, practicing her crawling. She had her breakfast, then we dropped Paige off at Occasional Care, and when we got home I put her on the floor for some playtime while I tidied up, and she started to whinge.
I picked her up and she still wasnt happy, she didnt want to be left alone, nor did she want to be with me, she just cried and I noticed she was pulling at her left ear which looked a little red. I gave her panadol and some bonjella cos I didnt know what was sore and put her to sleep. She slept for an hour before she woke up crying. She didnt want to drink her bottle. She would cry whenever I put her laying down.
So I called the local GP to make an appointment and the receptionist said that they were "Fully booked" but I said she was in loads of pain so we got seen to without an appointment. Funny, when we got there, there were hardly any people waiting so I dont know how fully booked they were. Anyhoo, we got seen to by a lovely Dr and Summer just screamed! She is on antibiotics and I gave her a dose of nurofen and she has been sleeping since 1.30pm.
I was supposed to go to an EB meet tomorrow but it looks like we wont be going anywhere unless there is a miracle and she makes a speedy recovery. Ah well, these things happen I suppose!
4 comments:
Awww, po' Miss Summer :o( I hope her ear infection clears up soon.
xoxo
Ahhh poor little darlin'. It's so sad when they can't say what exactly is hurting. You covered all bases, you're such a lovely mummy :)
Poor baby! :-(
I'm sending positive vibes, good ooga-booga, and lots of Auntie Hugs!
awww poor little Summer. I hope she is feeling better today.
Post a Comment