I love Summer, she is a gorgeous little girl but jeeze, can she grow horns and a pointed tail when she wants to! Especially when she doesnt have her afternoon nap! I lost count at the amount of tantrums she threw yesterday, and she was also hitting Paige and pushing her every now and again. This afternoon was the same, however she did have a sleep today. She wasnt as bad as yesterday though but still annoying.
When she doesnt get her own way she starts screaming and jumping up and down. For example, yesterday Paige was wearing a top and at about 4 in the afternoon, Summer decided that SHE wanted to wear it! When I said NO, she started forcing the tears out and screaming. Then she decided to pull at it, trying to get it off Paige! I swear the kid just grows horns and Im going to have to start putting her in Time Out! I never had to do that with Paige but I think Paige is going to have to start going in Time Out as well!
Paige starts to stamp her feet and get angry when she doesnt get her own way, and today she didnt want to have a bath and screamed thru the entire experience! Two weeks ago I couldnt stop her from having a bath! She would jump in the bath in the morning and take her clothes off and want me to put the water on, and she would do the same in the arvo, now I cant even get her to take her evening bath! Yesterday, I didnt give her a bath but today she had to have one, she was covered in paint from kinder and needed a good scrub!
She was forcing the tears out and screaming her head off, and she didnt stop till she got out! I have no idea what happened! Im hoping she will love having a bath again, hell, she even hates having her nappy changed! Ill say "Come on Paige, lets change your nappy," and she runs in the opposite direction! God knows why, its quick and painless and has to be done! If she were toilet trained she wouldnt need to have it done!
In other news, 2011 kinder enrolments opened today so I decided to enrol Summer into 3 year old Kinder next year! She will love it and its guarenteed 2.5 hours a week! I cant always get her into occasional care so this wil be ideal! She really needs to mix with kids her age instead of being with Paige all the time. I know she loves her sister and misses her terribly when she is at kinder, which, by the way, Paige is loving, but Summer and Paige have to spend time apart!
4 comments:
Oh my goodness, what a 'fun' time you're having there with these two young misses!
Excellent idea about the 3yo kindy, I agree - they really need to see and socialise with kids their own age. I think it's imperative, particularly when there are no siblings or when the one older sibling starts disappearing a couple of times a week to kinder.
Well, I don't know about the horns and tails - they are just too darned cute for that!! Maybe their halos get tarnished. LOL!!!
Yes, you are right about the kinder for Summer. Not only is that a great way to socialize with others her age, but it would also give you much needed time alone!!! Good luck with that! When would she be going? I'm sure she'll love it just like Paige loves it. Take care and here's some hugs!! xoxoxoxo
Linda Lou
Great idea about enrolling Summer in the 3 yr old class. I think it will be wonderful for her.
Good luck with both of them and their stubborn tantrums! Good thing you are a SAHM so you can keep up with all this stuff, but it still must be exhausting, phew!
B/t/w, adorable new template ;D
Frankie is booked in next year for kindy aswell- thank god. She sounds exactly like Summer. Hard work at the moment!!
Post a Comment