Friday, March 05, 2010

Paige The Grot

Its funny, when I drop Paige off at Kinder she is neat, clean and tidy.  When I pick her up from Kinder in the afternoon, she is a total grot!  On more than one occasion Ive picked her up and she has looked like she has had a fight with a paintbrush.  Today was no exception!  She was second out of the room today and when I saw her she had paint on her tee shirt, and on her hand, plus she was barefooted!  Her teacher said she has her shoes off more than she has them on!  Im going to have to investigate ways of making her shoes stay on her feet, short of supergluing them to her feet, Im all out of ideas!

Anyway, I gave her a good soaking in the bath today, giving her a good wash to get all the paint and grottiness out of her.  She looked so scruffy when I saw her!  But at least I know she is having a great time at Kinder!  I asked one of her teachers the other day how she is settling in and she said she is doing great! Flits around from one activity to another, LOVES painting, I seem to have loads of her artwork already, and the fact she comes home covered in it kind of gives it away!  She also loves the Home corner with the pretend kitchen and dolls, she seems to head straight for that area when she goes inside!

Today when we arrived I saw that the teacher had put the parent helper roster out near the sign in register so I put my name down for Wednesday 17 March! I cant wait!  Ill probably spend a few hours there while Mum looks after Summer for me.  It will be interesting to see how she behaves while Im there!  Im hoping she wont cling excessively to me, or worse, MISBEHAVE!  Paige is beginning to show a lot of stubborness and is quite headstrong and as I mentioned, she gets angry when she doesnt get her own way.  Im so looking forward to it, its one thing I have really wanted to do since Paige was enrolled in kinder, lol.

I cant believe she has been at kinder for a month!  Before we know it, it will be the end of the term and she will be on holidays!  I dont want this year to go too quick because then she will be heading to school, yikes!  Which I have to start looking at next......

5 comments:

MamaOtwins+1 said...

Sounds like she is having a blast, they grow up so quickly. I can't wait to hear how it turns out when you go to class!

Jude said...

I'm so glad she's enjoying it like she is. Next up will be little Summer!

Anonymous said...

LOL!! You are going to have a famous artist on your hands one fine day!!! Danni, that is just absolutely wonderful!! I am so glad that Paige is enjoying school so much!! That is very good news. And I, too, can't wait to hear about your day in the class!!
Hugs to all!! xoxoxoxo
Linda Lou

Janna said...

Such wonderful news about Paige enjoying school! I'm looking forward to hearing about your experience there.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I love my little grot. I's so good to have our old Paige back and that she so looks forward to go to kinder. Tha fact she comes home grotty means she is joining in and having fum.