Last night we had our monthly kinder committee meeting and since I didnt go to the last one I had to go to last nights one. Since hearing about the last meeting finishing at 9.45pm, I was hoping that last nights wasnt going to drag on, but man, was I wrong! It didnt finish till 10.45pm! It went for nearly 3 hours and it just dragged and dragged and dragged! I dont have much of a talking role in the committee thank god, Im fundrasiing assistant with another girl, the fundraising coordinator wasnt there so we didnt really know what was going on with Fundraising. We are supposed to be having a meeting in the next couple of weeks to talk about what we are going to do.
Anyway, the meeting focused mainly on the maintainence of the Young street kinder. In Bacchus marsh there are two kinders who are run by an early childhood service called ECMS (Early Childhood Management Services), Young street Kinder and Darley Kinder (thats where we go) and Young street is an old building and needs loads of improvments. My neighbour, who was the Maintainence Co ordinator for Young street had so much work and was trying to get a Community Grant to help with the kitchen renovation. To cut a very long story short, we decided not to go ahead with it as it was going to cost lots of money, and this morning she resigned as the Maintainence coordinator!
There are a couple of people on the committee that really annoy the shit out of me! Theyre a couple of general members who really dont have much of a say in anything or voting rights, but theyre so bossy, demanding and outspoken and one in particular was giving me the shits with her ranting and sticking her nose in it all the time! She is trying to take over everything and to be honest, has too many fingers in the pie! Everywhere I go she is there, a bit like my ex playgroup friend who is also on the committee, but she wasnt the one giving me the irrits last night.
This particular member Im talking about said at the first meeting "Im just here to annoy everyone" and she is doing a bloody good job of it too! Fark! I like being on the committee and I hope to continue being on the committee next year and the year after as Summer will be heading to kinder next year and the year after that so I really want to be involved. Altough next year I have my sights set on being Book Club person, I want to contribute more cos at the moment, I feel Im not doing enough, even though I keep telling the Fundraising Coordinator that Im free and if she needs help Im available!
Moving right along, I managed to get Summer into a permanent Day Care spot at a local centre! She will be going every friday while Paige is at Kinder so I will have a day to myself! Im hoping I can get back to the gym on those days, thats if I find my mojo! I have gone off Fernwood at the moment, I want to change gyms but dont want to have to pay a fee to break my contract, grrr! Anyway, Summer will get to meet and play with other little kids her own age and hopefully get out of the shyness she has and hopefully start to speak more!
3 comments:
Having Fridays to yourself will be awesome Danni! And the committee is fortunate to have you on board, most times it's hard to find people willing to donate their time and you're offering yours so much.
My sister is right - I know here, at my place of work, noone will volunteer to go on any board, so they are very fortunate to have you. That's wonderful that you will have a full day to yourself, as you really do need that with your busy life and it'll be such a godsend to you. Take care, Danni, and hugs to you all!! xoxoxoxoxoxo
Linda Lou
How awesome it will be to have a day to yourself while the girls are mingling separately with other children ... sounds like a win-win to me!
Honestly, that committee meeting sounded dreadful! I feel bad you had to sit through it all for so long, plus having that obnoxious cow stirring things up is the pits. Hopefully you'll get more involved in the fundraising side, and I agree they are very lucky to have someone like you who is volunteering so enthusiastically. Good luck, Miss D!
xoxo
Post a Comment