Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Unwelcome Guest

Seems we have an unwelcome guest, of the four-legged variety! About 2 weeks ago I was sitting down at my desk and from the corner of my eye, I see this little grey mouse appear from under our entertainment unit! YIKES!!! I couldnt believe it! He scurried away, then re appeared so I went to grab a container to collect him in but then I went outside and grabbed Panda and found that the mouse went into the heater, probably thru the gas connection, so I put Panda on Mouse Watch and he stayed there for about 2o minutes but the mouse didnt come back.

I started vaccuming like crazy cos the kids drop crumbs and food every where I figured that the mouse would be coming for food and warmth. Then I was tidying up Paige's wardrobe and found mouse poo on the top shelf, and a whole in the plaster board so I figured a mouse is entering thru there, little bastards! I hadnt seen any sign of mice since then......until today!

Again I was sitting at my desk at around lunch time and I see this little grey mouse scurrying from one side of the room, it scared the bejesus out of me, and Im not afraid of mice as I had pet mice as a kid, but when I see them scurrying around a room they freak me out. It went under the couch so I went and grabbed Cleo and put her near the couch but it had disappeared, she couldnt pick up the scent. Bloody cats, theyre too well fed!

I moved the couch and arm chairs and vaccumed as there were a tonne of crumbs and food under them, mouse is probably having a feast when we're not around. I dont know where he has gone, I suspect he will be out when we are all in bed. Having mice makes me feel very unclean, even though I do keep a clean house, untidy yes, but clean, Im vacuuming after the kids eat as there is always food crumbs on my lounge floor.

So Ill be on mouse watch and Ill put the cats on mouse watch too, hopefully one of them will catch it.

3 comments:

Being Me said...

*shudder* OMG! I don't mean to but I always EEEK! when I see one lol. It just comes out involuntarily...

Touch wood, we haven't seen any or evidence of any since we gave them a nice, tasty treat in the form of boxes of pellets in four most active areas of the house.

Janna said...

Anymore mouse sightings?? Yikes!

Jude said...

Yech! We had a mouse several years ago and I can't believe just how much they poop!!