Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Ouch, Ouch and Ouch

My tongue has broken out in canker sores, bugger it! I also think I burned it the other day but dont remember how. I dont even remember eating anything hot enough to really burn my tongue, either way Im in pain as these ulcers are all over the tip of my tongue! Last night I even put Bonjella on it for some sort of relief. It did help, even though it tastes horrid, Summer loves the taste though, strange, strange child!

Eating anything salty or hot just adds to the discomfort. Anyhoo, enough of my whining, poor Paige is still not well. She developed this horrible cough overnight, took her to my Dr today and he gave her some antibiotics, dont know if theyll help, but Im praying it doesnt turn into croup! I have the vapourizer going in her room so its nice and moist in there and it will help. Poor little thing woke up at 3.45am this morning with a fever so gave her some nurofen and some water as she was thirsty and put her back to sleep.

In other news, I took her to the Gastroenterologist yesterday and she has a gastroscopy booked for the 8 September. Theyll be taking a biopsy of her small intestine to see if she does indeed have coeliac disease. He said I should be tested and Rob also as I have irritable bowel syndrome and that can be related to coeliac. No one else in the family has a gluten intolerance so it maybe comes from me, brilliant! I just have to organise a time to go get a blood test done now, was going to do it today but got sick of waiting around at the quack!

Im longing to get to the gym tomorrow! Feel like a big fat blob since I havent been since Saturday. I couldnt go today and I missed seeing Wendy! Will be seeing her on Sunday as we are having an afternoon tea for Kaz! I cant wait to see her! I have missed her so much, although the pain of her leaving has eased now, still go expecting to see her face there and to hear her loud voice, but its not as bad now!

Now only if I can ease the pain of these friggen ulcers Ill be a happy girl!

3 comments:

Averil said...

OWWWW! Ulcers - owwww! I totally understand how AWFUL they are. You poor love. :-(

Sending you quick healing vibes my dear.

xxx Ave

Janna said...

Oooh, canker sores are horrid! I hope they clear up for you soon, Miss D. Sending get-well fairy dust to Miss Paige too, poor little girlie. I hope the antibiotic helps her.

xoxo

Being Me said...

Ouch ouch ouch! Sorry to hear Paige is still sick. Biopsy?! :o That sounds far from fun.

I hope you recover soon, poor Mummy :(

p.s. Your template is gorgeous! :D