So today, I called the MCHN to make an appointment so I could discuss her speech development, cos I am shitting myself. I have no concerns what so ever about her comprehension, she does things when I ask her to, etc, but she uses Paige's vocalizations and makaton to bloody get her point across, she will point at something and go "Eh eh", instead of saying "Cup" or "Nana" (banana). I know there is a very wide variation on when kids start talking properly, using two word sentences etc but I cant help but worry (oh there is that word again).
I know Ive said this a gazillion times but if Paige spoke properly, then Im sure Summer would speak properly too. I know this is gonna sound so stupid, but Ive been very resentful towards God these last few days. Its like, what the fuck have I done? First being sent a child who has a special need, dont get me wrong, I love her to death and dont regret for one moment the decision that I made to give birth to her, and now Summer's speech development. Im so angry at Him! All I want is for my child to talk properly, is that so fucking much to ask for?
Please dont think Im a fruit cake for saying what Ive just said, or that Ive come off my meds cos I havent, Im still on my good ole Zoloft and never felt better, I didnt even flip it when Paige was sick last weekend. Im just wanting my children to talk. Paige I know it will take her longer but Summer? Holy Fuck she should be talking my ear off by now! I sound like a broken record when I talk to her cos I repeat things over and over again, I really feel like tearing my hair out I feel so goddamn frustrated and pissed off!
Im sorry for the rant and the fruitcake ramblings, but I just need to vent, I feel so angry and annoyed etc! Gonna go back and wollow now. Hope I havent lost my readers, I know I whinge a lot, dont I?
3 comments:
Oh Danni!! I know exactly where you are coming from!! Yes, every child is different. My youngest, Darren, was late talking as well, because he had his older brother to talk for him. Not only that ---but in Kindergarten, he wouldn't talk at all, and they worried enough to get a child psychologist in, who said he was just fine!!! Just shy, that's all! But, like you, I worried myself to distraction. And don't worry about venting!! My God, we all are in need of that occasionally!!
Take care, Danni and try not to worry too much. Summer will come along eventually (and then you won't be able to shut her up - LOL!!). xoxox
Linda Lou
You never have to apologize for venting, Miss D! I can understand how concerned you are over Summer's taking longer to start talking. Hopefully the place you made the appt with will have some helpful suggestions on how to jump-start her speech. You are doing a great job with both girlies, so don't ever doubt yourself. It is also perfectly normal to question God's reasons for presenting us mere mortals with the tough challenges in life. Again, I can certainly emphathize from going through my own experience, so I know how you feel!
Good luck, darling friend. I'm sure it will all work out in time, although I also know how difficult it is to be patient. Oh man, do I know how hard it is!
Love you ... xoxo
Don't ever think you're going to lose your faithful readers for venting Danni girl! As for Summer, as soon as she is with other kids daily (school or preschool or whatever you have there) she'll start picking up on their speech instead of just Paige's. I know she's going to be absolutely fine. HUGS!
Post a Comment