Well, my costume for the 80's night is slowly coming together. So far I have a shiny black mini skirt, black tank top with "You Rock My World" across the front of it, my boots, leopard print scarf, which I will wear as a headband, and I got a couple of studded cuffs. I still need to get a belt and some earrings, Im not sure about the leopard print tights, I have some lacy looking ones in my wardrobe that I can use.
One thing though Im stuck on the make up part, I dont really like wearing heaps of gunk on my face, anyone have any suggestions as to what make up to wear? What colours? Black or Red nail polish? Im leaning towards red as it would be nice and gaudy with the leopard print. I was thinking to hire a wig but changed my mind, Im gonna wear my hair in a very high pony tail and tease it so its big.
I have to go to mums and see if I can find my old leather biker jacket too, Im sure its still there and Im sure it still fits (well I hope it does, dont want to freeze my boobs off). Back to the makeup, I really like this look but honestly I dont think I can be bothered doing it and I dont think Id be able to pull it off...
Anyhoo, Im really looking forward to it, not long to go now, its gonna be a blast dressing up!!
2 comments:
So far it sounds like you've got some great ideas Danni! Personally I remember pink being a huge colour back then, for nail polish and lipstick as well as clothing.
Wow, hot-sounding costume! The makeup is very dramatic and looks difficult to achieve, but maybe you're more artistic than I, so give it a whirl and have fun!
xoxo
Post a Comment