Sunday, July 05, 2009

I Shouldve Stayed In Bed Today....

I was such a grouch, but it wasnt all my fault. Paige has been feeling a bit off colour the last couple of days, Im thinking its her tummy as she hasnt been eating much and the coeliac may have something to do with it, and when she isnt well I find I start getting upset about it. I dont know why but I start worrying my head off. Part of it is because she cant tell me whats wrong and I wish she could just tell me. I hate trying to decipher what is wrong, its all friggen guess work.

Im fed up with having two kids who dont bloody talk properly! Its not Paige's fault, she was born with a disability and speech delay is part of it, but if there was really a God he would help her!! I know if my grandma read this she would probably tell me not to say such things, but its true!! Then there is Summer who is copying Paige with her vocalisations, its frustrating me, I really wish I could wave a magic wand and have them both talking. I really feel down when I hear other people talking about their kids and what geniuses they are. I guess I should just go hide my head in the sand like an Ostrich so I wont have to hear anything.

Then I had the husband to deal with today. Im sorry if Im bagging him out again but honestly, he doesnt bloody think! Last night, Jessie decided to bring up some of her dinner on the rug beside our bed. I covered it with a towel and was going to clean it this morning. Anyhoo, after my morning ritual of checking out Facebook and having a bit of a play with the games, I go into the bedroom and find the rug gone. I asked where it was and he proceeded to tell me that he had put it outside, instead of cleaning it! I just saw red then!! It was drizzling outside so it had become damp. His excuse for not cleaning it was "I was busy." Sure I wasnt busy but FFS he couldve just cleaned it with a little soap and water instead of putting the whole thing outside for me to deal with!!

Im sick to death of his lazyness!! There is a stack of garden waste that looks like a mini Mt Everest out the back of our yard that is getting higher and higher and whenever I ask him about getting a skip or doing something about the verandah his answer is "I dont care anymore." It pisses me off that I have to ask for help around here, and when I do ask the come back is "We have the smallest house and you need every day to clean it." Of course I have to clean it everyday, I have 2 small children and one larger child to clean up after, the least he can do is help me a bit!

Today I had to go out a bit to the shops and I asked him to hang the washing out for me, the response was a roll of the eyeballs, but he did do it. When I go to the gym of a Saturday morning, I come home to a dump because he cant tidy the house and look after the kids at the same time. Then the icing on the cake was when he said to me this afternoon "Whats for dinner tonight woman?" He thinks its funny calling me "woman" but I absolutely detest it!! Ive lost count at how many times I told him to fuck off today....over it I am!
Best I finish here cos the amount of stuff I have to offload will go on and on and I dont want you all to go and leave me here alone in my blog, I just needed to get it off my chest.

3 comments:

Jude said...

My hubby and I have a deal, I HATE doing outdoor work because I hate bugs and heat and can't shovel snow anymore due to arthritis. So I do the inside work and he does the outside work.

However, if I had 2 little kids I would expect he would help out inside a bit too.

Being Me said...

Would NEVER leave you alone on your blog for getting things like that off your chest, Dan!

It sounds to me he is trying to add insult to injury with using the "woman" comment in such a derogatory way. How thoroughly disrespectful and immature :( Sorry! I'm not helping am I? I just wish he would lift his game a bit.... these guys. Don't they see that a little kindness and show of appreciation/pitching in would go such a long, long way??

And as for the girls' speech.... I am truly sorry that it feels so desperate. Being on your own with two littlies who cannot communicate to you what it is they need would be soul-destroying if you're feeling flat out and not helped.

A big, big hug for you xox Stay warm today! (It's icy here) Give yourself a treat, maybe a hot chocolate... go on! Call it "nurturing yourself" ;P

Penelope said...

Oh you poor thing. Bloody men. Vent away my love - don't hold it in! That's whay blogs and diaries are for!!