We had a very lazy weekend this weekend. Not intentionally, but poor Paige was sick so couldnt really do anything. It started during the week, she had a runny nose and was a little miserable, but by Friday afternoon, she had gotten a little worse for wear. She had a bit of a lay down on the couch and had a snooze and woke up half an hour later with a mild fever, so no dancing for her that afternoon.
Yesterday I went to the gym and did Body Attack and came home to a chirpy girl but by lunch time she was so miserable again and wanted to lay down on the couch with her pillow and her Abby doll and her dummy, and she had a sleep for about an hour, but woke up again with a fever and a very husky voice. Plus she was dribbling so much I suspect it was her throat giving her trouble, dont know if it was tonsillitus or not, but she was in bed early last night. Dosed her up on
Nurofen, put on the vapourizer in her room and she slept soundly till this morning.
Today she spent most of the day on the couch, not wanting to do much. She would have little bursts of energy but then remembered that she wasnt feeling well so would go and curl up on the sofa and sleep. Her appetite wasnt bad but if she had a sore throat then eating was the last thing on her mind, she drank heaps of water though which is a good thing. While she snoozed on the sofa, and Summer was having her nap, Rob and I watched Alien, that I had recorded on Foxtel IQ, then in the late arvo I made a lemon slice.
By the afternoon, Paige had woken up and I gave her some more nurofen and she came good this evening. I have to take her to the Gastroenterologist tomorrow, I was in two minds to take her but we only just got this appointment on Tuesday as there was a cancellation so I didnt want to cancel in case we had to wait a while to be seen again. Ill most likely make an appointment for the GP for Tuesday to see if she needs some antibiotics as I dont know if she has an infection or not or if it was a virus.
I felt so sorry for her, she just looked so miserable, and all she wanted was cuddles, not so much from me, but from Daddy. The great thing about Paige is that she doesnt whinge or cry when she is sick, she is so quiet and just likes to be cuddled and likes to snooze, unlike her sister who is a chronic whinger. She has gotten into the habit of wanting her dummy and teddy during the day, and if she doesnt get her dummy there is screaming and tantrums.
Now my throat is feeling scratchy and Im hoping I dont get anything myself....
6 comments:
Oh the poor little chicken. You can tell by the photo that she is sick - she looks buggered.
Hope she is okay and feeling better.
Pen
xx
Awww!! Poor Paige!! I sure hope she is feeling much better by now. Sounds like she's getting plenty of rest and fluids, which is wonderful!! Mine wouldn't drink or eat anything when they were sick, and I always worried about dehydration. Wishing her the best - and you too, my dear!!
Linda Lou
xoxox
Aww, poor Miss Paige looks like such an angel snoozing. How did it go at the doctor's? Is she feeling any better? And how are YOU doing with the scratchy throat? Oy, I've had problems all month long and am so tired of coughing and being hoarse. Hope yours and Paige's condition doesn't last for weeks on end. Feel better soon!
xoxo
What a sweet shot of poor little Paige. I sure hope she's feeling better soon, and that you don't get sick too!
Oh and Danni I LOVE your new template, it's my favourite of yours so far!
Ahhh what a gorgeous photo. Poor little darlin'. And what a good little patient she sounds xxx
Post a Comment