Saturday, August 22, 2009

Wont You Take Me To Pseudo Echo Town



Well, last night Rob and I went to see Pseudo Echo and let me tell you, it was worth the one hour drive thru traffic to see them! They were amazing!! We got into Ferntree Gully around 7ish and had pizza, then we went to the venue and it was a bit hard to find where we were going, but we finally found the place, the hotel has that many different sections. Anyway, we stood outside the doors and got talking to another couple who were there, the guy didnt want to be there though, a lot like Rob, but went with his wife, she was there to see the special guest.

The doors finally opened and we were one of the first ones in there, and me and the other girl I was chatting with got a space right up the front! My first time ever that I managed to get a front row position. Everyone else seemed to head to the bar first, but there were a few others that had come up the front with us. Rob and the girl's hubby were standing behind chatting as they werent interested in the bands.

It was about 9ish when Paul Grey from Wa Wa Nee and his band came on stage, I wasnt too fussed about him but I do remember his songs, as they were around the same time as Pseudo Echo were. He played about 5 songs and then it was all over. In the meantime, the guys from Pseudo Echo were arriving as I had seen Vince go into the hospitality room. Then I had seen James walk in and my heart started pounding. I thought he was tall but he isnt that tall at all.
It seemed to take forever for the Pseuds to get on stage!
In the meantime I kept seeing the guys talking and drinking. James had 2 Corona's (not that I was counting, lol) I was just staring into that room and the drinks fridge was right near the entrance to that room so whenever he came to get another drink Id be watching, with my eyes popped out of my sockets. He also went in and out a few times and I saw him chatting to the sound guys.
Finally at around 10.30ish, Pseudo Echo came on and I swear I had THE best spot, right in front of James. If the barrier hadnt been there I wouldve been able to touch his feet! Man, I was just staring at him and taking like a gazillion photos. It was a bit hard at times cos he kept on moving and sometimes the mic stand got in my way but oh my what a gorgeous, gorgeous man!!! I kept trying to catch his eye and at one point I think I did get a look from him, I had a smile from ear to ear. My eyes were just glued to him!
I got a couple of looks from Vince as well, most likely he saw me staring at his brother with a huge, dopey smile on my face, lol. I missed a chance to get up on stage and dance to a version of "Girls On Film" there were about 8 other chicks up there, but I couldnt get up on stage as I couldnt get out from where I was standing. Ah well, not to worry, I had a ball as I was in the front row and it couldnt be any better for me than that! I didnt get to sneak into the backstage area either but to be right in front of James was my wish and I got it! I still cant friggen believe it!!

My ears were a bit worse for wear afterwards and I couldnt hear anything. Rob kept talking to me and I kept saying "What?" And this morning when I went outside to go to my car, the silence was deafening, it actually hurt my ears! Needless to say I dont have my iPod blaring tonight, lol. They played all their hits, with Funky Town being their finale, it was sensational. By that stage my feet were killing me, as was my throat but Id do it all over again! Now for the pics, I took loads and loads, mainly of James of course, I also took a couple of Vince and Brian, but none of Pierre, cos he was right over the other side and Im not really into him that much, its all about James for me, in case ya didnt know!
Last night I really was an excited groupie, in fact I think James was probably wondering why I was focusing on him all night long


I couldnt resist taking a shot of his feet!

after waiting all night to capture his gorgeous smile, I finally got it, even if it was side on!

having another Corona (that was his third, ha)



this was the first shot of the night, adjusting his mic stand



Wishing I had gotten him to look at me, grrrr!!!



I have loads more pics to share so will come back tomorrow with more!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG I love the pictures so much!! And your commentary is so cute is fabulous - funny, sweet and informative. Nice one chickie! 3 coronas hey...? I'd be on the floor, not playing music, lol!
Kirsten x

Jude said...

WooHoo! Glad you had a good time Danni girl, and your pics are fabulous!

Janna said...

Wow, great pics, and I'm so happy for you that you were able to get right up front, woo-hoo! It really is a fantastic experience, inn'it! James looks great, too ;D

Danni said...

I still cant believe that I got up that close! I keep thinking it was all a dream till I look at my pics.

Being Me said...

OMG you were so close to him!! I'll bet you floated home on a high :)

(and damnit for some reason I thought it was this Friday :( sorry I didn't make it down, it was about 10 minutes from me!.... I think I heard you swooning.... bwahahaha)

Danni said...

Kirrily, thats okay, I didnt expect you to come down, it was cold and miserable to come out. And yes I was on a high, still am! If the barrier wasnt there Im sure I couldve touched/grabbed his leg, ha!