Friday, August 14, 2009

On The Mend

Both girls are on the road to recovery now, thank goodness! I took them back to the Dr yesterday and he gave Paige stronger antibiotics (in tablet form, that have to be dissolved in water first) as well as the Augmentin, Summer is still on the Augmentin as she had a bit of a red ear and is full of snot. He wants to see Paige again on Monday, so another week of Occasional Care will be missed next week, and it was the week Summer was going too but I wont be taking her either. I shall wait till both of them are completely over this bacteria/virus.

Spoke with my Dr yesterday and he said that next year I should vaccinate Paige against the Flu and if the Swine Flu vaccine is developed to get her vaccinated against that since she is in a "high risk" category! I shouldve done it this year but it didnt cross my mind, but definitely next year I will be doing it! I know some people will think its silly to vaccinate a child against the Flu but when you have a kid that is prone to respiratory infections I dont think its a bad idea.

So now the kids are getting better, I can probably throw myself back into the gym again. I went on Wednesday and did some cardio and weight training and I still have a sore chest from doing chest press, but I love feeling sore after a work out, means Ive worked hard, but I havent done any weight training in 3 weeks so my body was a little bit shocked that I had gone with 10kg on the chest press. I even did a little bit of jogging on the treadmill, but Im so out of practice that I only ran for like 2 mins and then just did a very brisk walk up hill.

Tomorrow Im going to tackle Body Attack, and Ill probably pass out as havent done it for a couple of weeks, its so high impact, far worse than Body Combat in my opinion. Oh how I miss Body Combat. I havent done it since Kaz left, and now we are without an instructor yet again cos the one that came in to replace Kaz has gone as she could only help out for a few weeks, so dont know whats gonna happen there. Perhaps they should bring Body Jam back, that was my other fave but it got knocked off the timetable cos not a lot of people were showing up!

Theyre having the launch for the new Les Mills programs in a week or two, may go to the Body Attack/Body Step launch as its on a Monday and may be able to attend that one, wont be able to attend Pump and Combat one though as its on the Tuesday evening. In other news, Im still on my plateau, but its partly my fault as I havent been exercising much due to the kids being sick, hopefully Ill be able to shift this stubborn weight, Im sick of this plateau!

9 comments:

Tania @ Larger Family Life said...

I hope the weight shifts for you this week and you get off the plateau.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am sooo glad to hear the girls are on the mend!! It must be a big relief for you, Danni. And good luck with getting off the plateau!! xoxoxo
Linda Lou

Dreamgirl said...

Good to hear that your girls are getting better. Good luck with the work out....

Just dropping by from SITS to wish you Happy Saturday Sharefest!

SoBella Creations said...

I hope your daughters are feeling better.

Visiting via SITS.

Jude said...

I'm happy to hear the girlies are feeling better, Danni. You know, every year I am the one who co-ordinates the flu shot clinic we have at our office and there are a few staff members who bring their kids to get the shot too. No it doesn't seem silly to get your kids done, don't worry!

Good luck on the ditching the plateau hon!

Janna said...

Weight plateaus are the worst, but hang in there and you will crack it!

So glad the girls are doing better (Augmentin was also the antibiotic my oncologist prescribed when she postponed my last treatment). I also think it's an excellent idea to get Paige vaccinated against the flu. Can't be too careful these days with all the horrid germs and viruses flying around the globe!

xoxo

Hannah said...

I admire your commitment to working out. I try to get to the health club 2-3 times a week. But I have such a hard time dragging myself there ;-)

www.FunnyPhotosContest.com Submit CUTE or FUNNY photos and tell your friends to vote for them. No entry fee.

Victoria said...

Good to hear everyone is getting better!

Anonymous said...

I feel you on the losing weight - it is so hard to stay on a steady schedule. Hope that you are able to get over you hump. Also, love the fact that your daughter is named Summer... I want to name my daughter that as well.