Monday, August 17, 2009

Random Acts Of Kindness

...Make life so much better! I made a friend on Facebook who is a huge fan of Pseudo Echo, more importantly her fave is James just like me. Anyhoo we got chatting and she mentioned she had all her magazine stuff from back in the day. I asked if she could be so kind as to copy some for me, but instead, she went one better and sent me a whole lot of stuff! Woot! And wouldnt you know it, some of it was stuff that I had up on my wall when I was a kid.

It certainly brightened up the crappy week I had last week and brought a huge smile to my face when I opened up the envelope, it was like Christmas :o) Anyhoo, she lives in Queensland and I dont think the Pseuds are going up there for any shows so Im under strict instructions to tell her all about the show this coming Friday night and share pics. Im really hoping I get decent pics, Im not the worlds best photographer, especially when the subject is running around all over the place but with a bit of luck, James will stay put for me ;o)

Im so excited, as I have mentioned before this is the first time that I will be seeing them play live ever and they sound awesome from the youtube videos Ive seen of them playing live. Only a few more sleeps to go! It seems like forever ago that I had got the tickets, and I know what'll happen, the show will take forever to get here and then in a blink of an eye, it will be all over :o(

Pseudo Echo circa 1989

This is one of the pics Kirsten sent me. Thats James on the left with the red tee shirt and gorgeous long hair!

31 comments:

Janna said...

Wow, what a kind, generous gesture! Lucky you, and your new Pseudo friend sounds like a keeper! Have a great time at the show, and here's hoping you can snap a killer pic of James for both of you! xoxo

mamammelloves said...

Happy SITS Day! :)

Mesina said...

Congrats on your SITS day!

I've never heard of Pseudo Echo, where was I?! Great that you found another fan to swap stuff with, that's great! xx

Kathy said...

Happy SITS day!!

Beautiful blog.

scrappysue said...

what a great friend - i bet it made your day - congrats on your sits day too!

Dumb Mom said...

Came over to wish you a Happy SITS day! I think I may know how you feel about Pseudo Echo... I have an obsession with Twilight that rules my life. Rob Pattinson has been on my blog a lot recently as a result. Enjoy your SITS day and your show:)

Reviewer11 said...

That is so sweet of her. What a wonderful example. Thanks for sharing with us.

Stopping by to say hi from SITS and congrats on being the featured blogger. :D

Anonymous said...

Awesome!

Congrats on your sits day!

The Blonde Duck said...

Happy SITS day!

Sarahviz said...

Hey, enjoy your SITS day today!

Robin said...

I love RAK and the people who go out of their way for others. Have fun at the show and wishing you good luck on getting those pics.
Oh and.....Congratulations on your day in the SITS sun. Hope your day today is beautiful

Jennifer Juniper said...

Have fun at the concert and happy sits day! Wishing lots of bloggy love today :)

Hannah said...

Happy SITS day. Cute, cute, cute blog!!

Anonymous said...

What a great friend! I so love 80s music!

Tania @ Larger Family Life said...

Happy SITS Day!

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Even tho it will be over in what seems like a blink, you will have some lovely memories...and hopefully great photos too.

(())

confused homemaker said...

Happy SITS day!! Enjoy it & I love the picture!!

African American Mom said...

HAPPY SITS!

Turtles In Northern Florida said...

Happy SITSa day to you! Cant wait to check out your blog.

Cynthia said...

Congratulations on being the featured blogger.

SPEAKING FROM THE CRIB said...

love reading posts from oz. my husband is aussie but i am a yank and we live here in the states and wouldn't you know it, i just saw def leppard in concert about a month ago. they still rock!!! love me some phil!!! great blog.

Unknown said...

How nice of her!

Congrats on being the FB!

just stopping by to say hi from SITS; hope you'll find time to do the same.

Aleta said...

How cool that she sent you the gifts. Hope you have a great time and yeah, James has gorgeous hair!

Brandie said...

Have a great day! Congrats on being the featured blogger:)!

Jennifer said...

happy SITs day!

Anonymous said...

awww that was really sweet of your friend :) i am a product of the 80's and love all the 80's hair bands as well, although to be honest, i don't really remember pseudo echo, but i will google them, hehe.

btw, i found you on SITS :)

tori said...

was reading down your posts and saw how you hate winter...(me too!)looks like you have had a tough one with lots of sickness. Hope everyone is feeling better. congrats on the sits day!

Being Me said...

Eh what a good sort she was, doing that for you! Any lippy marks on her posters??? LOL! (more's the point, are there any now you've got them?? And how does Rob feel having them on the marital bedroom wall!??!)

Are you excited about the concert? Seriously considering coming down to wave hello ;)

Danni said...

Kirrily, I dont have them up on the bedroom walls, just a few pics in my study nook, Rob has already asked me a million times who James is! And no, no lippy marks on them lol

Anonymous said...

Lovely blog, enjoy being in the limelight today. x Suzi

coming to you from SITS

Anonymous said...

It was definitely worth it just to bring so much joy to you. And it's great to see the pictures on your blog now! I don't have a scanner so that's really cool for me to see. (((hugs))) and have a great time at the concert tonight!!
Kirsten xx