Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Cough, Cough, Cough

That is what Im hearing currently coming from Summer's room. The poor little thing was woken up by coughing and its heartbreaking! I have the vapourizer in her room, yet she is still hacking away, and it sounds like a harsh, barking type cough, so Im praying it aint croup! Paige had croup when she was about 20 months and it was shocking, she couldnt sleep all night long and I was 7 months pregnant at the time with Summer and was dead tired from being up most of the night with her.

Paige on the other hand, isnt coughing as much, she is still coughing somewhat but the antibiotics seem to be doing their job. Paige is still not very perky, she usually has moments when she is full of energy, then she will remember she isnt well and will get tired again. Just so friggen over it! Im sorry for whinging again, its just horrible seeing my girls sick and not being able to do much for them except for putting a vapourizer in their room, rub Vicks on their chests and give them Panadol or Nurofen. Cough syrup is out of the question and it does nothing anyway so I have to listen to them hack away.

Summer seems to be good during the day, its just come night time she starts really coughing. Well, its back to the Dr tomorrow for another check up, Im thinking he will probably give them more antibiotics and maybe I will ask for the shot that Paige was supposed to have on Tuesday to be given tomorrow. He said she didnt need it yesterday but I think it will be for the best if she gets a shot of antibiotics to speed up her recovery. Needless to say the antibiotics are really making her already explosive poos extra yucky.

So that means there will be no Playgroup tomorrow, Dancing on Friday and probably no occasional care, AGAIN on monday, poor Paige has missed most of this term already due to one thing or other, its very frustrating, not for me but for her! I really hate winter and I have decided to get her and Summer both immunzied against the flu next year, and Ill dose them up on Inner Health Plus Immune Booster for kids that has got to help in some way! I mean I know you cant keep your kids in a bubble but sometimes Id love to be able to!

7 comments:

Jude said...

Awww your poor girls, I sure hope they feel right as rain soon! I get a flu shot annually and I know some people immunize their kids with them too. Hang in there Danni, your spring is right around the corner!

Being Me said...

Poor little Summer with her cough (L has one that has been dragging on, too, they are sooo hard to get rid of!). And poor Paige too, I'll bet she misses her social outings.

Anonymous said...

Awww!! Those poor little girls!! And poor Mom too for having to endure this - I know!! It's so hard when your kids are sick. You just wish you could take it all on yourself. Hoping they both get over it soon, and your weather gets a lot nicer for you guys! Take care Danni!!
Linda Lou
xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Hi Danni! I'm stopping by from SITS to say hello :-) you were above me on blog roll today! Have a great one and I hope the girls feel better soon!

Janna said...

*Cough* *Cough* Yes, I am still hacking too ... week #6 and counting. I am also SO over it!
Aww, I hope the girlies get more meds and shake their sickies soon, so they feel better and you can get some normalcy back in your home. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Awww, I am so sorry about your girls. I hope that they get all better soon. You seem like such a good mother. :o)

Debbie said...

summer colds are the worst! stopping by from SITS!