Friday, May 02, 2008

The Brand New Me!

The WOW programme officially ended on 28 April, and after 12 weeks I feel brilliant! I must say Im looking brilliant too. I have shed 7kg and 34cms in 12 weeks and can now wear a size 12 comfortably again. I actually bought a brand new pair of jeans in size 12, sheesh I havent done that in over 2 years! I could never fit into a size 12 and my size was basically a 14-16. Im actually wearing a pair of camo cargo pants today that are a size 14, and I bought them about 3 weeks ago and now theyre fitting me losely.

The reason I bought the size 14 was because Big W's sizes are always a bit smaller I find. I have to be careful now when I bend over cos I have a plumbers crack! Anyway, I have lost the most cms from my waist. When WOW started I was measuring 110cms around my waist, now Im measuring 97. Im so absolutely proud of myself. The eating plan and my personal training has certainly paid off! I decided to keep going with Slimplicity as I dont want to go back to my old ways of shitty eating habits, otherwise this wouldve been all for nothing and I wouldve been depressed about my weight again.

Before I did WOW I was always feeling fat and out of breath. My typical day's eating would be a couple of cups of coffee for breakfast and maybe some toast if I felt like it, I was never a huge breakfast eater. Then Id snack on Paige's left overs, then for lunch Id eat a salad but after wards Id feel hungry again so would just snack all day long. Then dinner time Id have a huge steak, a huge serve of chips and a salad or vegies. Then with my coffee at night Id have some cake or biscuits. My metabolism was so slow because I wasnt eating every 3-4 hours so my going to the gym was for nothing.

These days I have some weetbix with fruit for breakfast or some toast, then at morning tea time I have some fruit, lunch consists of a wholegrain sandwich or a big salad with tuna, corn, and salad greens, afternoon tea is fruit or yoghurt, and dinner I have a small portion of meat, a small portion of carbs and a huge bowl of vegies. The only hurdle for me is my water consumption, I still cant drink more than 1 and a half bottles, some days I struggle to drink one, and somtimes I forget altogether.

I havent been to the gym much this week because of Summer being a bit sick (more on that later), I only did one Cycle class on Monday and I hope to go on Sunday to do some cardio and weights. One thing that blew me away though was that the other day I was trying on old clothes and I pulled out my size 11 Seven jeans and I did them up for the first time in over 2 years! Granted they were sooo tight but the point is that they did up! 12 weeks ago I couldnt even get the damned button together!

So thats my weight loss journey so far, enough of that. Now in the world of Paige and Summer, well, Paige has been going to Occasional Care and this week she didnt even cry! She just ran in and had fun looking at all the toys! It was for three hours but she had fun. She is going again next Monday and the following Monday. She has been going to the creche at the gym too and loves it there, and it feels so good when she doesnt cry! Makes me feel happy knowing she is happy.

Moving onto Summer, she has had a bit of a lurgy this week and then I took her to get her 6 month needles and on Wednesday she just wouldnt sleep! She would sleep for about 45mins then wake up crying. I couldnt settle her at all! I tried taking her to bed with us but she wouldnt settle even in there! I was in tears and on edge and pissed off with Rob because he was snoring his head off and not helping. Anyway, she is on the mend now, gave her nurofen and had the Sudaclear vapourizer going in her room last night and she slept soundly but woke at 3am for her milk as she didnt drink much before bed. Bloody Rotavirus vaccine makes them feel off!

Sorry for the longer than normal entry, just felt that I had all this stuff to say. I hope I havent bored you.

6 comments:

Janna said...

Congrats on the weight loss, Miss D! That is terrific news and keep up the great work **applauding**. (Will you be posting before and after pics? lol)

Glad Paige is enjoying her daycare visits, and happy to hear Miss Summer is getting better.

Wishing you a more restful weekend ;o)

xoxo

Jude said...

Wow I hope you start getting more rest too now that Summer is feeling better. Sounds like quite the after-effects to that shot she had!

And like Sista Janna I'm DYING to see before/after shots of you and your cute self Danni! Good for you, you've worked so hard at this! :-)

Dory said...

WOW!! good on you Danni!!! that's great!!! man, I need to get off my arse...

Kelly & Sam Pilgrim-Byrne said...

Congratulations! This is a HUGE achievement!!!

Anonymous said...

Well you certainly looked fabulous last time I saw you! Huge congrats on your fantastic effort and equally fantastic results!

I think I'll be joining you in the gym after this little one is born lol.

Being Me said...

Wow, great achievement, WTG! It's not easy to change habits around looking after your babies.... you've done brilliantly so far!