Friday, May 09, 2008

Sisterly Love

Paige just loves her little sister, but sometimes she can be so smothering and so damned rough! Its not her fault, she is only a toddler and sometimes they just dont know the meaning of the word "gentle". Take last week for example when Summer wasnt feeling well, Paige didnt know so she would just play rough with her as usual and it resorted to many tears on Summer's behalf. I know Summer will toughen up one day, I never thought Paige would. We'd go to playgroup every week and every week she'd get bullied by some of the other kids who were bigger than her and she would never fight back. It used to break my heart but we recently met up with some of the playgroup mums before Easter and one of the kids who is younger than Paige by a couple of months but way bigger, was being quite nasty and pushing Paige over so she could pick her up and hug her. By the end of it Paige had had enough and was starting to give back as good as she got.

Anyway, moving right along, I took these pics last week so Summer is still looking a bit sick, but I thought it was the perfect opportunity to take these pics as they were both sitting on the Barbie couch together. Summer loves sitting up, even though she cant sit without support yet, she loves being able to play with her big sister. Paige just loves to pinch all the toys then look at me innocently as if to say "What have I done?"

Photobucket

The calm before the storm. The girls just sitting there together, Summer not prepared for what Paige is going to be doing next

Photobucket

Paige starts to do her patting and Summer doesnt like it one bit. She is still feeling fragile from her needles and from being sick so of course she is going to cry

Photobucket

And finally, Paige tries to comfort her baby sister but Summer still doesnt look impressed!

5 comments:

Deb said...

What gorgeous little ladies!

Janna said...

Aww, they look absolutely adorable together! It's so nice to see them interacting, and I love the Barbie couch! It makes them look like such big girlies. Thanks for sharing the pics, Miss D, and I hope Summer is feeling better.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Danni you have two very arodable little girls. I love the first pic of them, you can definitely tell they are sisters!!

What gorgeous pics.

Jude said...

I agree, gorgeous little girls you made, Danni!

Being Me said...

Loving the looks in the first pic! So full of personality, both of them. Adorable :)