Seems like my sweet little Paige is turning into something of a bully! When Im not looking, she takes it upon herself to pull Summer's hair, or if Summer has her dummy in her mouth, then Paige will remove her dummy rather roughly. Its like Summer isnt allowed to have a dummy, only Paige is allowed. She also cant stand seeing socks on her baby sister's feet and has to remove them as well.
When we go shopping, I always put the kids in a twin trolley, the ones with the capsule and the toddler seat, and I must spend the whole shopping trip telling Paige to stop pulling Summer's socks off and to stop removing her dummy! Summer starts out happy enough but by the end of it she is rather sick of Paige's bullying. Paige doesnt really understand and I guess its just typical toddler behaviour really.
The other day, after everyone had left on Mother's Day, Paige was so overtired that she began to get cranky and I had Summer on the floor for some playtime and Paige started to pull her hair! Summer began to cry and Paige pulled it again! I admonished her with a very firm "NO" but she just laughed and continued to pull. Everytime Summer cried louder, Paige would pull harder. I had to give Summer loads of mummy cuddles and shield her from her overbearing big sister that was intent on pulling and pulling. Earlier that day she tried to poke her in the eye as well, poor Summer.
Summer hates anyone playing rough with her. She is such a fragile, gentle little flower. One time my grandma playfully smacked Summer on the bum and the bottom lip dropped and she began to cry, where as Paige used to lap it up and still loves to play rough! Summer is very much the sensitive little soul, just like her mummy. When she cries its like Niagra Falls, also like her mummy.
In other news, things have calmed down somewhat in this house. Summer is better and now when I put her to bed of an evening, I sit by her cot and do the patting thing until she goes to sleep. It works a treat and she doesnt cry hysterically. She'll whinge a bit but thats it. I also leave a small lamp on until she is deeply asleep then I turn it off. I think she got scared while she was sick and its made her afraid of being alone in the dark, thats all I can think of! But who the hell knows? Im seeing my GP tomorrow and will ask him to either increase my meds or to come off the Pill, cos I do think the Pill is having a detrimental effect on my meds. He may tell me to come off the Pill and see how I go.
I also have to tell him about my hands. I have suffered from carpal tunnel syndrome for a number of years but its gotten progressively worse since I gave birth to Summer and on some mornings (like this morning for example) my whole left arm and hand was in pain. It also feels like I have a pinched nerve in my left shoulder. Aahhhhh, it never ends!
2 comments:
That sucks about your hands. I've got tendonitis and when it's bad my entire arm and hand just ache so badly. I hope the doc can do something to help you hon.
As for Paige being rough, not sure what you can do there other than to just stay on the look out when she's with Summer. At least until Summer's older and bigger. Good luck!
Good luck at the doctor, Miss D. I hope he can help you out with the tendonitis, ouch.
Glad to hear Summer has settled down and is sleeping better, and the adorable Miss Paige is quite the mischief maker, isn't she! Oy, never a dull moment for Mummy!
Post a Comment