Thursday, May 08, 2008

Not Coping Too Well

Im feeling so on edge and tense lately because of Summer's behaviour, I think Ill speak to my GP about going to 100mg with the Zoloft. I dont know why she is being like this! Nothing is different when it comes to bed time, everything is the same as it always was. Bottle at 6.30pm, bed at 7pm, so I dont know why she is putting up a fight when it comes to settling for the evening!

Last night I thought she was back to normal because she almost fell asleep while having her bottle, then half an hour later I hear screaming and from then on she wouldnt settle! I rocked her in my arms a little but the eyes remained open so I put her down again and didnt hear anything. After we went to bed and I fell asleep, I was woken up at around 9.30pm by screaming and she wouldnt settle in her cot! So I had to bring her to bed with us again until she fell asleep and then I put her back into her room where she stayed till 6am and is still there now.

I dont get it! I dont get why she is fine during the day, will settle for her daytime sleep with no problems whatsoever, yet at night its a shitfight at the moment! I try to settle her in the cot like I was shown at the Settling clinic, but she screams and screams. Its not hunger because she wont drink anymore after her bottle. I dont even leave the room yet and she cries. All I know is that its starting to come between Rob and I. Im pissed off because Summer wont settle at night,. and he is pissed off because he has a grumpy wife and a baby who all of a sudden wont go to bed! I think the only one in the house that is just as normal as ever is Paige!

Im just over having a grumpy baby who wont go down for the night and Im over Rob who thinks he is a poor hard done by soul! He even said if I dont get a grip then he will go and sleep at his mum's house. Fine by me, he doesnt fucking help anyway. Wont get up to her if she cries, all he can say is "All good?" or "What's wrong with her?" how the fuck should I know whats wrong with her? Bloody hell! Sorry bout the rant but I need to get this off my chest!

4 comments:

Kelly & Sam Pilgrim-Byrne said...

Flatter him. Tell him that you bet HE'D be able to settle her and would he give it a try.

Honestly, I don't know why some men think they get let off the hook when things get difficult.

I really hope she settles down soon for you.

Jude said...

I agree, just out and out ask him if he would please try to get her settled. I'm sorry it's been so rough Danni, I hope whatever has changed for Summer goes right back to normal again soon!

MrsPfeiff said...

This might seem like a dumb thing to suggest! But does Summer have a night light, or a bit of light streaming in the room at night? For ages and ages, I could put my boy down to sleep and shut the door over so it was mostly dark. All of a sudden, he started screaming when I put him down. One night a toy got in the way of the door as I let it shut over, and he was asleep and contented in no time.

I finally figured it out (took a while for my lightbulb moment LOL) and now I always put him down with the door open a bit. He doesn't have a night light but just a bit of light seems to help.

During the day the room is never pitch black, hence why he's okay during the day (I think - I could be completely wrong but it seems to be the solution LOL).

Sorry if this seems really dumb to suggest or if you've tried it before - but I thought I should suggest it all the same "just in case".

I really hope she settles at night for you soon.

Karen :)

Being Me said...

Get a grip? He said if you don't GET A GRIP??! Man, that is low ... (er if you don't mind a perfect stranger saying!)

On the night light thing, I can't say what Lauryn would be like without hers because she's already had it - but if you're looking for a good one, at Big W they have the most gorgeous changing-colour soft light teddy night lights. Might be worth checking out?? I think it's always helped her go off because she has something to look at as she drifts off.

Good luck, I hope things even out for you really soon xo