Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

We had a lovely day yesterday and hosted a lunch/afternoon tea food fest here at our house! We had my parents and grandparents and the Inlaws here so that way they could all get to see Paige and Summer without anyone having to miss out, or without us having to schlep all over the place with two kids. I dont know how we always do it, but we end up with so much food! I made some Hummus and crudites, zucchini bread and bruschetta, and mum made some pizza topped english muffins, quiches, vegie slice, a pear tart, chocolate cake. My grandma brought some Pastizzi and some party pies and sausage rolls.

I did pretty well and didnt over eat, Paige loved the sausage rolls and Summer loved the Turkish bread. Actually, while Rob was prepping the crudites, Summer was in her high chair watching Daddy and when I came out of the bathroom I saw her chewing on a carrot stick, too cute my girl is. Anyhoo, I got some scrapbooking stuff from Rob and the girls so that was nice, at least now I can get moving on my scrapping and cardmaking.

We basically ate all afternoon, I guess its what us Wogs do best, lol. As I said we managed to have heaps of food, but there wasnt much left over which was good. By the end of the day, Paige was totally knackered as she hadnt had a sleep. She had her 2 grandmas and 2 great grandmas over so she was too busy playing with them to have a sleep, but then she ended up being a cranky pants and was taking it out on Summer. I lost count at how many times Summer got her hair pulled. All in all it was a lovely day, spent with my beautiful family.

2 comments:

Jude said...

Sounds like you had a great Mothers Day Danni! I can't wait to see pics of some of your scrapbooking. :-)

Janna said...

Happy (belated) Mother's Day, Miss D! Sounds like it was a great time with all that food, yum!