Paige is getting better every day. Ive started giving her Pentavite with Iron to boost her iron levels. She protested at first, but since then has taken it with minimal fuss! I can understand why she doesnt want it cos it smells foul but its only once a day that she has to take it, where as the antibiotic she has it 3 times a day. The first couple of days at home she was rather weak but today she was actually dancing and her walking is getting much better which proves to me that her strength is getting back to normal again.
I got a letter from the hospital today as we have a follow up appointment with her Paed on 5 October, instead of November so thats not too faraway which is good. Hopefully we can get the gastroscopy resheduled soon as well as I want to get it done and dusted. I dont know if I posted about it but Paige was very close to having a blood transfusion as her haemoglobin was low, however she narrowly escaped it as another blood test revealed her haemoglobin had increased.
My poor baby girl has gone thru such a tough time, she has bounced back pretty quick though, but I worry that she will be prone to having this all the time now and I really hope she doesnt have any lung problems in the future, its definitely something I dont need on top of her minor heart issues, the Down Syndrome, the coeliac disease. I pretty much thought that Paige was a healthy kid and that she would never end up being hospitalized for pneumonia, and I hope it doesnt happen again.
Im going to apply for a copy of her hospital record. You should see the size of it, its rather impressive really. It was nice and thin now in the space of 2 weeks its doubled in size! The hospital charges 20c per page to photocopy it so Im looking at big bucks but I really want a copy of it. I tried to get a squizz of it while we were in Emergency but I was scared Id get sprung by the nurses. I mean I know Im her mum and all but it says its Confidential and I was scared that I wasnt allowed to see it. Not that I really understood half the stuff in it, but its still good to have. Im eventually going to get a copy of my hospital record from The Womens during both my pregnancies.
4 comments:
I'm SO glad you're back at home now, and that Paige is getting stronger quickly! What a bloody scare for you, I can't even imagine. (((((Danni)))))
What a relief that Paige is getting better each and every day!! Like you, I was hoping she wouldn't have a re-occurance of this frightening experience - so I am keeping her in my prayers for good health!! Poor little girl!!
Take care and hugs to all!
xoxoxo
Linda Lou
So glad you are all back home and settled into your old routines. I had been wondering about Summer all this time, but sounds like she was well taken care of, albeit a little spoiled, at her great-grandma's house. Of course I will continue to pray for Miss Paige's full recovery, and I too hope she never has to experience pneumonia again! Love you, dear one, and thank you too for always checking my blog. Starting to feel crappy now from Monday's chemo, so I won't be writing another entry for several days. Meantime, big {{{Hugs}}} to you! xoxo
I'm sorry to see that Paige has been so sick. The poor little girl! Glad you're all back home now and I hope she stays on the mend.
I lost all my links, so I couldn't find anyone's blogs!! ACK! That left me way out of the loop.
Post a Comment