Saturday, September 26, 2009

Rubbing Me Up The Wrong Way!

WARNING~ MIL BITCHING POST COMING UP!

I just have to blog about this cos whenever I think about it it makes me angry and it happened 3 weeks ago now.  While Paige was in hospital, my MIL managed to rub me up the wrong way several times.  Firstly, my SIL decided to pretend nothing had happened in regards to the car incident and rang up the night Paige went to hospital telling me if there was anything she could do to let her know, yeah sure, maybe disappear would be a something she could do.  Then the following day, Rob said she called again and was going to come and visit.

When I told him that I didnt want her there he just told me not to say anything and not to cause trouble, WTF?? This man Im married to always takes her side, sheesh! Im his wife he should be backing me up not her.  She has caused so much trouble yet he cant see it.  Anyway, onto my MIL.  She came to visit Paige on the first day of her admission into the ICU and when I asked if my SIL was coming she said she was going to and I said I didnt want her there after the shit she said about us ripping her off etc.  I think my MIL was taken a back cos she didnt know what to say.  The nurse heard me getting upset and told me I can stop particular people from visiting, but then my MIL turned around and said Luisa wasnt coming.

While Paige was laying there, running a 39 degree + fever, hooked up to oxygen, IV and pulse oxymeter, the poor little thing was obviously feeling like shit and she was rolling around the bed crying and sleeping.  My MIL turns around and says to her "Whats the matter darling?" FFS, the child is sick, dont you get it? Then she had the nerve to say "Oh you have your eyes closed', not once but TWICE!! She kept on complaining that Paige was asleep whenever she came to visit, fucking hell, she was seriously ill, of course she was going to be asleep.  When she was on CPAP she was also under mild sedation so she wouldnt pull out the tubes or roll around too much.

My FIL made a racist crack at an african family who were visiting their sick child in the ICU.  The family were in the parents lounge having their lunch and my FIL said to me later "Oh there were 20 or 30 niggers in there having their lunch and it stank" I had to ask him to repeat what he had said cos I wasnt sure I heard him correctly but he did say niggers and I was rather shocked, he is lucky no one else heard him! Talk about an antiquated word, its just as bad as the R word (which I will do a post about another time).

But the thing that really rubbed me the wrong way was when my MIL asked me on the Friday before Fathers day if my family were visiting on the Sunday.  I said I didnt know what was happening and she said "Could you find out?" to which I said, "No".  She then said "Because youre only allowed to visit 2 at a time and I dont want to come all the way in and not be able to see Paige." Basically saying in not so many words that my family will be spending all the time with her!  I got so angry that I snapped at her and said " Everyone will be able to see her youll just have to wait your turn." She shut up then and probably knew that I was angry, but I mean, seriously, you just dont ask stuff like that!

I could go on and on about all the other stuff she said but I dont want to waste my blog ranting about her!  You all must think Im a bitch of a daughter in law, but Im so tired of Rob's family .  If I never spoke to his sister again it would be too soon and his mother just doesnt think before she speaks.

1 comment:

Jude said...

I completely understand not caring if you ever see the in-laws again Danni, I was there once a long time ago too! They all sound very insensitive.

As for what your f-i-l said, that's just plain NASTY. Both the "N" word and the "R" word have no place in our language, IMHO.