Today marks the 12th day of Paige being in hospital. At least now though she is up in the ward and not in the ICU. She was discharged out of the ICU on Monday afternoon, and that was after a minor setback on Sunday when she was supposed to go up there originally. She came off the Bi Pap machine on Sunday and was doing well untill about 4ish in the arvo when her sats began to drop again. The Drs said she was better off staying in ICU for an extra night.
So now she is up on the 5th floor Medical Ward and today has come off the oxygen, and off the naso gastric tube feeds. She is eating, drinking, sitting up, watching television. She has trouble getting to sleep at night but its because its noisy up there than it is in ICU. Ill be happy to get back home to my own bed and to our usual routine, its been a long 12 days!
The Endocrinology team came to see her after she had that episode with the low blood sugar and there is nothing wrong with her hormones, however they may do a controlled fast where they fast her and see what happens to see if there is a risk of her having a seizure again. The Dr said that if you have a sick child who hasnt eaten for a long time then their blood sugar levels will drop dangerously low.
Thankyou all for keeping us in your thoughts, its lovely to know that I have wonderful friends who care about us!
5 comments:
Thanks for the update Danni!
Thinking of you all and praying for the beautiful Paige.
xxxxxx
Danni, I am so relieved to hear Page is doing so much better!! I keep you all in my prayers. I know you can hardly wait to get her home where things are more comfortable for both of you!! Hopefully it'll be soon. Take care and hugs and kisses!!! xoxoxoxox
Linda Lou
Sorry Danni!! I misspelled Paige's name. What a great day I'm having - Lol!!! Take care!!
Linda Lou
Thanks so much for keeping us posted, Miss D, and I'm so relieved to hear that sweet Miss Paige is out of ICU. Yikes, 12 days is indeed a long time, and I'll just bet you can't wait to take her home! Love you all lots, and I continue to pray for her recovery. xoxo
Thank you for updating us Danni, what a rough time for you all! I'm soooo relieved to know she's doing better now, but I can't wait to hear that you're all home again and Paige is all better! Sending you love and keeping Paige in my prayers!
Post a Comment