Sorry I havent blogged since last week but my world has been turned upside down and its only now that I can sit down and blog about what has happened this past week. Paige is currently in hospital as last friday she took a turn in the evening after being her normal self and coming good after finishing her antibiotics. It all started last friday evening when she fell asleep on daddy and her breathing became laboured. I felt she was burning up so I told Rob to take her to the hospital.
At about 9.30pm he called me to say that she was going to the Royal Childrens Hospital via ambulance as she had asthma. they arrived at the RCH ER at about 11.30pm and was admitted. Rob stayed with her till I got there in the morning and stayed with her till she was taken up to the ward at about 3ish in the arvo. All this time she was on Ventolin as it was still suspected she had asthma.
Anyway, things were going okay till about 2 in the morning when the nurse on duty said she was acting a little strange. Then all hell broke loose! Another nurse saw she was having a seizure and they called the MET (Medical Emergency Team) from the ICU and about 10 doctors and nurses filled the room, taking her bloods, trying to make her come to. They finally roused her and gave her glucose to get her blood sugar back up again as it went dangerously low. They then transfered her to the ICU, where they kept a very close eye on her and her obs.
The Dr that attended to her said that she shouldnt have been left without a drip for so long as thats what contributed to her sugar being so low and her having a mild seizure. She had a chest X ray and it was found that she had pneumonia in the right lung. She has had nasal prongs up her nose to deliver oxygen to her as her Oxygen saturation has been low. She is on strong antibiotics via the IV, she has had many blood tests to monitor her blood sugar and on Monday she was on CPAP (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure) but her Xray still showed a horrible lung.
On Tuesday she was taken off CPAP and was taken up to the wards on Wednesday but yesterday was transferred back to ICU as she was exhausted and her sats dropped a little. She is on the mend but I just want my lively, robust little baby girl back home where she belongs. Ive been crying on and off all week long, and I hate seeing my girl with tubes and pipes and IV's going thru her. Today she was awake for most of the day as she wasnt working so hard to breathe. She is on BI PAP where by the air helps her lungs stay inflated.
So that was my week in a nutshell, I dont know when Ill be able to update next, but I just wanted to let you all know that my baby is in hospital.
6 comments:
Sending prayers and healing wishes to Miss Paige! Aww, it breaks my heart to read all that she has gone through, poor little girlie :o( But it sounds like she is receiving excellent care and is on the mend, so that is great news. Keep us posted whenever you can, Miss D. We will be here for you {{{HUGS}}}
xoxo
Oh, Danni... all our love to your whole family.
We hope Paige recovers quickly from here on in and is home again in no time.
xxx
What a scare for you, and poor little Paige having to endure so much it just brings tears to my eyes. I'm glad she's getting well taken care of, and is on the mend. Please update us when you are able to Danni girl, and know that my prayers and hugs are yours!
Danni I have been thinking of you for the past week. You must be so exhausted. Poor Paige. I hope your little girl is home with you really soon.
Sending all my love to the both of you.
Pen
xx
Thinking of you Danni and sending all my love and best wishes to Paige.
Nicole x
Awww!! Poor little Paige!! What a horrible thing to go through. And Poor Mom and Dad, too!! The worrying that you two must be doing!! I was rather relieved at the end of your post when you said she is on the mend. Thank the Lord!! Please believe I will be keeping you all in my prayers and hugs and kisses to all!! xoxoxoxoxoxo
Linda Lou
Post a Comment