Monday, September 21, 2009

The Down Syndrome Creed

One of my friends posted this on Facebook and I wanted to share it here, its so lovely...

My face may be different, but my feelings the same.

I laugh, I cry, I take pride in my gains.

I was sent here among you to teach you to love.

As God in the heavens looks down from above.

To him I'm no different, his love knows no bounds.

It's those here among you, in cities and towns,

that judge me by standards that man has imparted.

But the family he's chosen will help me get started.

For I'm one of his children, so special and few,

that came here to learn the same lessons as you.

That love is acceptance, it must come from the heart.

We all have the same purpose, though not from the start.

The Lord gave me my life to live and embrace.

And I'll do it as you do, just at my own pace.







8 comments:

Janna said...

Aww, I'm crying tears of joy for gorgeous Miss Paige! What a beautiful poem, thanks for sharing it, Miss D. It has made my day! I love the photo too ... she is so precious <3

How is Paige doing these days? I think of you guys all the time
{{{HUGS}}}

Jude said...

Oh that is beautiful Danni, as is your sweet little Paige! I hope she's feeling much better!

Charlene said...

You have such a beautiful family, and Paige is so lucky to have you, as you are to have her in your lives!

Hope she's feeling much better :)

Charli xox

Being Me said...

Brilliantness!!!

Such a sweet little girl. I always love seeing what Paige is up to in her photos :)

Anonymous said...

Danni, that is so beautiful!! And so is Paige!! What a lovely little girl, and I sure hope she has improved in her health since the hospital stay.
Danni - you have a wonderful family and you also, perhaps without realizing it, are teaching everyone who reads your blog about the magic and wonder of the down syndrome children. That is a wonderful thing you are doing. God Bless you and your family!!
Linda Lou - xoxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Danni! A gorgeous sentiment. Viva la Difference I say. Paige is a perfect little Angel ((((hugs)))

Penelope said...

Gorgeous. Both the words and your beautiful little girl. xxx

Sharnanigans said...

Beautiful photo!