Monday, March 31, 2008

Watch Out! The Lady Has Claws!

On the weekend I treated myself to a brand new set of acrylic nails. I had some birthday money to spend and I felt like beautifying myself. I got sick of my short nails that kept on breaking and chipping and scratching the girls. I had acrylic nails on years ago and I missed them, so I thought "Why Not?"

I found a hairdressing salon that does them near me. There is an asian sweatshop nail salon directly across the street but Ive been to one of them before and I didnt like it, and didnt like the way they did my nails. I remember when I wanted to take them off, instead of them soaking them off in acetone, like Ive done before, they told me to sit down while they pulled them off with nail plyers, ouch! It killed and I had cuts and wreaked nails, very painful.

Anyhoo, Im loving my new nails, although its a little difficult to do things like do up the girls' buttons, and type. All I can hear is tap, tap, tap on the keys, but Im getting used to typing with long nails. I went for the french look with a difference. My nail girl has different coloured powders and I decided to go for black tips instead of the classic white powder tips. Im absolutely loving black nail polish at the moment so I thought Id get the black powder to begin with, and then next time might progress onto hot pink or purple.

Ill leave you with a pic of my new nails.....

Photobucket

5 comments:

Janna said...

Rockin' nails! The black is very funky \m/ Have fun with them!

xoxo

Dory said...

Noice!!!! I like it!!! good on you for treating yourself :)

Averil said...

Sigh...I wish I could wear nails...but unfortunately I'm the world's worst nail wearer!

Yours look lovely! Very jealous.

xx Ave

Danni said...

Thanks ladies for the compliments, I think next time Ill get them a tad shorter cos the length is getting in the way, lol. Its so difficult to do up the girls buttons, but the beauty of them is that they dont scratch.

Jude said...

Very groovy Danni!