She wasnt too sure about it at first and screwed up her face but then after that she happily ate it. I will most likely start her on some stewed pureed apples tomorrow, and Im sure she will like those better, although they can be a little tart. Its so exciting this time around, I actually had to look up which foods I can give her as its been a while since Ive done all this so Im out of practice. I may make up some of my own foods as Id rather her eat those than the commerically prepared baby foods, theyre so bland and tasteless, Paige was never a big fan of canned baby food, and who could blame her they smell and taste horrid.
My mission this week is to give her apples then I will try her on pears, next week I will try vegetables. I think she already likes vegies as shown in this picture that was taken yesterday will show. Mum was preparing green beans to have with dinner and she held one up and Summer took it and started gnawing on it and it wasnt even cooked, she looks so cute. Enjoy!

"Yum, I love my beans mummy."
5 comments:
Oh Danni she is growing up so fast. She is adorable!
Try mixing the stewed apples/pears in with the rice cereal. It takes the tartness out of the apples but flavours up the rice a bit ;-)
What a cutie patootie she is, and I can't believe how long her hair is getting!
That's a great idea making your own baby food Danni, it would have to taste much better than the stuff you buy. LOL
Donna, I did mix the rice cereal and apples together and she really enjoyed it.
Jude, the canned stuff is awful, no taste whatsoever.
She is getting so big I can't stand it! (lol) Adorable pic of both of you. Fantastic idea to make your own baby food. Have fun creating!
xoxo
Danni, I am so glad I wasn't the only one FREAKING out about starting solids. But now I'm having fun! I was just hoping to keep him as a baby for a little longer. Sniff Sniff!
Try potato and apple/pear together. My boy loves it!
Post a Comment