There is a few things that arent impressing me much at the moment. Firstly, its the amount of heartburn Im getting and Im not even pregnant! I didnt get heartburn that much while I was pregnant but got it a few times. Im getting it very often these days and its a real nuisence! Last night I got up to go to the loo and felt this horrible pain in my chest, just under my breast bone, radiating to my back. I felt it more when I went back to bed and lay on my back and whenever I breathed it hurt!
Got up this morning and it was still there, I felt it till about lunch time and then it went but I still dont feel quite right. I had a coffee just about an hour ago with a Strawberry Freddo and felt the heartburn returning! Rob had something similar a few months ago and I thought he was exaggerating but now I know what he was feeling when he said it hurt to breathe! I told mum about it and she said it sounded like reflux! Great! Thats all I need! I always feel a burning sensation after I drink coffee at lunch time, I never really feel it any other time! I dont want to have to give up my coffee!
Im also getting heaps of tension pain in my neck and shoulder area, although thats not a new thing, its always coming and going and is the cause of headaches, Im going to see my Dr next week for a script and while Im there Ill tell him about my neck pain and my regular occurances of heartburn! God Im only 37 and I feel like Im falling apart with all these aches and pains, ah the joys of getting older!
Another thing Im not too impressed with is our Kinder Committee President, and I use the term loosely! I have never met anyone so useless! We have a huge fundraiser coming up on Friday night, we are holding a movie night at the council hall and she hasnt put her name down to help out! We also have a chocolate fundraiser happening at the moment and on the day the chocolates were delivered, we had to divide them up into bags of 24 chocolates per child/family. There are 280 kids at kinder (thats 140 kids at each location) so it took a few hours to do it all and there were a few of us there dividing and counting ( I was the schmuck who had to make sure there were 24 chocolates in each bag/box), and youd think the president of the committee would be there to lend a hand wouldnt you? Well she wasnt there!
I think that stinks that she hasnt volunteered her time to help out. I mean we all have kids so its a lame excuse if thats it! She came to our fundraising meeting a few weeks ago and didnt really have anything constructive to say, all she wanted to know is how much money we have spent on the movie night so far. Another time, at one of the meetings she asked the teachers if they really needed any more toys as it looked like there was plenty at the Young St kinder and couldnt the two kinders share toys and equipment? Er, hello? Its a bit hard to share stuff when both kinders are doing the exact same topics, dumbass! The Vice President does a helluva lot more than the President does. I was told that she only put her hand up to be President because no one volunteered last year when the old committee had finished and they were looking for nominations/volunteers for new committee members!
She also doesnt really have much to say at the meetings either, again our VP is much better at chairing the meetings and has a lot of imput and ideas and feedback. We have a great fundraising team, I only wish our President was a bit more help and more interested in the committee! Quite sad really, its like she doesnt ever want to be at meetings!
5 comments:
She sounds quite useless, to be honest. Maybe she'll be "voted off the island" next time around!
As for your heartburn, join the crowd Danni girl, it hurts! It's a good thing to talk to your doc about it, and in the meantime have you tried something like Tums? Good luck hon!
That really sucks, but unfortunately there are many "people at the top" who are useless and don't contribute much except to be a "figure head". Perhaps she can get booted out and the VP take over. Good luck with the fundraisers, I'm sure they will go well regardless. Oh and please save the extra chocolates, yummm ;D
As far as your heartburn, I hear ya! I had terrible acid reflux after most of my chemo treatments. It would last about 4-5 days, and I took an over-the-counter remedy called Pepcid AC. One pill worked for the entire day which was a great relief since I had so much other crap to deal with during that period. I agree your doctor can definitely help and recommend something to give you relief. Good luck, Miss D! xoxo
Interesting about the reflux, Danni, I've been getting it too for no apparent reason. Hmm. Maybe something universal ;)
I would vote to overthrow your useless kinder president! What a PITA to have at the top. Urgh, your posts about this sort of thing really make me nervous.... it all starts for us next year....
Sorry to hear about the crap going on with the Kinder President. Maybe she can be replaced??
I agree with everyone about seeing your Doc regarding the heartburn-acid reflux thing. Pepcid AC is very good, as Janna says, and Tums also if you can get any of these there. But the Doctor can steer you in the right direction. Take care and hugs to all!! xoxoxox
Linda Lou
The pain that goes through to your back? I hate to say it, but it sounds like it could be your gall bladder. See your doctor,girl!
Post a Comment