Finally! I think Ive succeeded in managing to get the girls to watch something else other than Hi 5 or The Wiggles! I bought a few DVD's yesterday as Sanity had a sale on so instead of buying all the DVD's for myself (I bought 2 movies featuring John Cena from WWE) I thought Id buy something for the girls. I bought them Alvin And The Chipmunks and at first Paige didnt want a bar of it but she soon warmed to it.
The movie stayed on, even though Paige didnt watch too much of it, Summer was more interested in it and surprise surprise, Paige didnt switch it off like she usually does when she tires of something! This morning when they got up Summer wanted "Chimpmunks" as she calls them but Paige wanted her Hi 5 so of course there were tears and tantrums from Summer! I put the movie on for her later on while Paige was at kinder, but now I have a song in my head from that damned Chipmunk movie and all I can hear is their squeeky little voices, LOL.
I grew up with The Chipmunks! Mum bought me their christmas album one year and I loved it! I have no idea where it is, its on vinyl so I cant play it for the girls cos we dont have a record player (do they even exist anymore?) Anyhoo, Im going to start buying them kids movies now instead of Hi 5 or The Wiggles! Seriously theyre doing my head in with both of them and the other day I made a decision not to let them watch Hi 5 all day long! They can watch it in the morning but in the afternoon after Kinder, they can watch Playschool or Play With Me Sesame or Sesame Street, Paige is okay with that cos she likes those, thank god!
Im so over Hi 5, they seem to be ruling this house at the moment, The Wiggles not so much these days, but Hi 5 is on constant rotation! Hopefully one of these days they can sit still thru a movie and I can take them to the theatre to watch one, not sure if that will happen soon or not, Paige wont sit still and would probably walk around or want to go home! We have a few other kids movies but they werent interested in Finding Nemo, Snow White or Sleeping Beauty! Paige didnt even get thru the opening credits of Sleeping Beauty before she turned it off!
She does seem to enjoy the WWE though, which I will write about in another entry, she is such a crack up that girl! They both are and I love them to bits, even though they send me round the twist with the TV and DVD's!
2 comments:
I admit it would probably drive me to drink (and strong drugs) if I had to listen to the same children's thing over and over again. It's good that Paige is setting her sights a little further out now! Have a great weekend Danni girl, love ya!
Oh my, I'd go bonkers too! Let's hope Paige continues to expand her viewing horizons ;D
xoxo
Post a Comment