Tuesday, April 15, 2008

One Of Those Days!!!

"Ive had enough,
Ive had it right up to here, now
I'm taking a break,
I QUIT!"

That's what I was singing to myself yesterday! I so wanted to quit being a mum because a certain little 2.5 year old was pushing the boundries! First, she woke up at 7am, so I went into her room to give her the dummy, I walked out and she started to cry. I couldnt handle tears that early in the morning so I got her out of bed and we had breakfast early.

Then, the whining started, and I could feel that it was going to be one of those days again. Coupled with the fact that I had run out of meds and couldnt get them before today because of some stupid Government stipulation that there had to be a month between repeats, so I was feeling rather sorry for myself and my temper was flairing.

Anyhoo, when I went to put her to bed, I thought all would be fine but for the next two hours, all she did was whine, scream, yell and cry, so I had no choice but to get her out of bed. The kid's batteries never run down! She wont even take a five minute break on the couch, she just keeps on going like the friggen Energizer dude.

Then, while I was cooking, all was quiet so I went to investigate and found that she had discovered my container of cotton balls and there was cotton wool balls all over Summer's bedroom floor. I picked them all up but I was so angry! She was just being such a typical toddler yesterday, and Im not ready to say goodbye to her daytime sleeps yet. I just wish she would go down without a fuss.

I was so pissed off yesterday that I had to go and blow off some steam at the gym. I did a Cycle class and felt so good afterward. What was even better was that when I got home Paige was in bed and Summer just needed a feed. She was half asleep already so she went down without any effort!

Please let today be better!

2 comments:

Deb said...

Ah, I remember the terrible 2's! What a great time. As proud and happy as you are when they're learning, you're just as aggravated and fed up at their attempts of independence. You'll make it, Hon! Hang in there!

Jude said...

I'm sorry you have to wait for you meds Danni, I'm sure that doesn't help matters for you. Like Debs said, hang in there!