Friday, April 04, 2008

Food Glorious Food!

Summer is loving her solids! And Im so pleased. Paige didnt want anything to do with food till she was at least 7-8 months old, and she was a bit of a fussy eater at first, didnt really like anything, but Summer is so different! So far Ive given her rice cereal, apples, pears, vanilla yoghurt and her latest, pureed pumpkin. I think we have found a winner with the pumpkin because she has eaten every bit Ive given her.

She isnt too sure of vanilla yoghurt just yet. Ive given it to her twice and she has a strange look on her face when she has it in her mouth, almost like she is going to gag. Cant say I blame her, yoghurt is always sour, it doesnt matter whether its flavoured or not. Paige never liked yoghurt and its only now if she sees me eating it that she will want some. I have a book of baby and toddler meals and found a few recipes that Im going to try out.

At the moment Im just giving Summer single fruits and vegetables, then once I know she likes them Ill mix them together as I want her to taste each thing individually first. The stuff in the jars is always mixed so the kids dont get used to the taste of one particular vegie. Ill probably try her on a banana this weekend, Im sure she'll enjoy banana.

She has two solid meals a day now, breakfast and dinner, in a month Ill give her lunch as well. I must say that solids the second time around is much easier than the first time. I know what Im doing this time and I know to offer milk before the food, and not the other way around. When I started solids with Paige I was always stressed out cos she never wanted to eat. I was getting stressed out up until she was 18 months and throwing food onto the floor, and would try to get her to eat, come hell or high water, but now Ive accepted the fact that toddlers are fussy eaters and what she will eat today isnt necessarily something she will eat tomorrow, like meat for example.

Here are some pics of Summer enjoying her food.

Photobucket
Summer enjoying her first rusk

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

5 comments:

Jude said...

Oh that's great Danni, she's taking to just about everything!

I must say, look at that last pic of her and the pic of YOU below it, it looks like the same baby! LOL

Narelle said...

That's great Danni! She looks so grown up sitting in the highchair!

Dory said...

That's great :D Xavier doesn't like yoghurt either - he pulls funny faces and won't eat it, so I've stopped giving it to him. He loves his veges and fruit that I make for him which is great :D

Janna said...

Looks like you'll have a very good eater on your hands, lol! Summer is just adorable :o)

xoxo

Deb said...

Too cute! Just one question...what in the world is a rusk? lol