I finally joined the gym 2 weeks ago! All thru my pregnancy with Summer I swore I would join the gym after I gave birth and I stayed true to my word! At first I was going to wait till the new year but then figured there is no time like the present and I hauled ass down to Fernwood and signed up!
I was a member of Fernwood a few years back and I used to love going to the gym. I had put on heaps of weight and was miserable with the way I looked. I got results too cos I lost inches and could fit into all my old clothes again. But then after Christmas I lost motivation and hired a personal trainer to help me get my motivation back. It worked for a while but then we moved away and there was no Fernwood nearby for me to go to. I dont like the thought of going to a mixed gym and find a ladies gym more my style.
So anyhoo, Ive been going for 2 weeks now and love it! I go in the evening and Rob has the girls and its great cos I have some time to myself, as well as getting fit! The first few days I was so sore. I hadnt done any exercise in a while so Im all rusty. I find pram walking doesnt burn enough fat for me and I have to go on a day thats not hot or windy otherwise we will all fry out there in the hot sun!
I still love to walk with the girls but I needed something more. I dont know if Ill go back to Weight Watchers next year, I may just do a detox diet or the Celebrity Slim diet where you replace 2 meals with a shake. I like the idea of detoxing but then Id miss my beloved coffee. I didnt drink any coffee while pregnant, although I drank coke (I allowed myself one coke a day), these days I cant function in the morning without 2 large mugs of coffee!
I went to the gym this evening and had a good workout! I did 10 mins on the treadmill, 10 mins on the cross trainer and 10 mins on the bike, by which then I was almost dying, Im that unfit, lol. Im not sore anymore though after a workout so it means my fitness is slowly coming back. I cant wait to get the flabby bits of my body all trim, taught and terrific! I cant wait to lose inches off my body and to get back to my pre pregnancy weight. Ideally Id love to get back down to 59kg but thats a dream at the moment! I think Ill concentrate on getting down to at least 65kg.
2 comments:
Good luck with the gym, Miss D. I despise exercising, except for walking, but I agree it's not enough, unfortunately :o(
I like the additions you've added to your blog page. Looks great! xoxo
I agree with Janna, your blog page is looking great Danni. :-)
Good luck with the workout program, gawd I hate excersize! Keep us posted, I'll bet you will notice a difference very quickly as you're still so young too. If I lost a bunch of weight now I'd have yards of skin hanging off me. LOL
Post a Comment