We had an awesome Christmas day in this house! It was twice the fun with two little girls, and of course they both got spoiled rotten by us all. From us, Paige got a Fisher Price Animal train, a Dora The Explorer bath doll, a pack of "Little People" and a Sesame Street toy. Summer got some new clothes and a monkey rattle.
Of course, since Summer was too little to open gifts, I got to open them for her with a bit of help from Paige. I love opening gifts, lol, takes me back to being a little girl myself! Im trying to remember all the gifts the girls got, I know they got plenty of outfits, I just love girly clothes and dressing my girls like dollies. They got a plastic picnic table for outside and a musical jewellery box each from the Inlaws. My mum bought Paige a plastic outdoor playcenter thingy with a small slide and swing, she also got a stocking with a Sesame Street Zoe ballerina toy, a wooden xylophone (which she loves), a wooden music box, and an abicus. Summer got the Sesame Street Zoe toy and a Wiggles fork and spoon set and an "Up Up Elmo" Toy, which Paige has kind of adopted, lol. Summer also got heaps of outits from various relatives and a Fisher Price activities table, which Paige has also adopted, lol.
I got some clothes and a butterfly shadow box from Rob and the girls gave me a large picture frame that holds several small pics inside. I also got some lovely gold hoops and a bangle from my Secret Santa, and we got some money as well to spend from the Inlaws. I gave Rob a Jamie Oliver Cookbook and he also got a foot rest from his Secret Santa. So all in all we all got lovely gifts and things we wanted too.
Of course there was heaps of food! there was only 12 of us but we tend to overcater, its just the way we are, lol, being wogs we always make too much of everything but its better to have lots than not enough food I always say. We had salads, chicken, turkey, braised beef, spinach and ricotta pie, then for dessert, christmas cake that mum made, cheesecake and orange mud cake!
It was a lovely day, even the weather didnt disappoint, it wasnt hot, nor cold, it was just right. Paige was tired and cranky and I had to put her down for a nap around 2ish in the afternoon, needless to say she bombed out for a couple of hours before the gift giving commenced, at least her batteries were recharged so she could keep going for a bit longer, but I tell you, she tires me out just by looking at her go all the time.
So there you have it, my Christmas day wrap up! Im looking forward to next year when Summer is a bit older and can enjoy christmas a bit more!
2 comments:
Sounds like everyone had a lovely, festive Christmas with wonderful presents and lots of great food, yum! Looking forward to seeing some pics, too ;o)
xoxo
Yes it'll be a lot more fun for you just watching Summer next Christmas too! Wishing you a fabulous 2008 Danni!
Post a Comment