Well ladies, Im 7 days away from my due date and to be perfectly honest, Im shitting myself! I had my appointment with the Perinatal clinic on Monday and it was such a long afternoon. First I had an ultrasound to see if they could get a clearer pic of the baby's heart, but to no avail. The baby was comfortable in it's position and didnt want to co operate. I was given a weight estimate of 2.798kilograms which is about 6lbs. The lovely Ob who was doing the ultrasound said my baby has a perfect sized head for my birth canal and now I am not so worried about my baby having a low birthweight. Im small so the OB said I wasnt going to have an extremely large baby. My ex boss gave birth to a baby girl yesterday and she weighed 6lb 9oz, and Sara, my ex boss, is tiny like me so I feel better knowing I wont be the only one giving birth to a small baby. Besides that, weight estimates by u/s are very unreliable, so we shall see.
After that I had an appointment with my new OB. He told me that because they were uncertain if the baby did have a heart condition, that they still had to treat it as if the baby does have a heart condition, just to be safe. I am to go back on Monday and he will do an internal exam on me to see if my cervix has ripened. I wanted an induction but now am not so sure as I have read its very painful as the contractions are stronger. He said he will only induce me if my cervix has ripened, so we shall see what happens next monday.
Then after I saw him I had to see a paediatrician and basically told me what my OB told me, that they are treating me as if the baby does have a heart condition. He said that that hospital is the best place for me to give birth, because if I were to give birth at my original hospital and there was something wrong with the baby's heart, then they would have to transport the baby to the city and its no good for babies to be transported so soon after delivery. I feel very confident now and I know me and the baby are in wonderful expert hands.
So that was my day, it was long and tiring, but at least I got to meet with everybody. I had a good cry before because I am so scared now that the birth date is nearer. I just hope things start off naturally, perhaps me and Rob should start baby dancing again to get things moving, lol.
No comments:
Post a Comment