Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Only 1 day to go...

I went for my check up yesterday and had to endure another internal examination. This one hurt too because my OB had to check to see if my cervix was ready and from his examination, my cervix was not ready yesterday. So all that walking on the weekend didnt do squat! My OB is giving me till next Tuesday when he has booked me in for an induction, so if the baby doesnt come this week, then he/she will be born on 25th October.

I must say though, this morning I woke up with lower back pain and while having a cup of tea with Rob this morning, I felt an AF pain that lasted a few seconds and then disappeared. I went back to bed and it came back, then disappeared again, so I guess I have been having Braxton Hicks cos my tummy felt hard and tight. Im guessing that maybe the internal examination worked and its beginning to make my cervix dilate.

It would be nice to go into labour naturally, but who knows? At least Im booked in next Tuesday for an induction so Im happy. I have to see my OB on Monday and they'll give me the hormonal gel to ripen up my cervix, then on Tuesday is when they give me the oxytocin drip. I guess Ill be staying in hospital overnight on Monday, so Ill take my stuff with me in case I am staying.

I am really hoping the baby comes this week. If you hear from me before Tuesday then you know that the baby hasnt arrived, but if you dont hear from me then the baby has arrived.

TTFN...

No comments: